B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Sentra SE with the 180 watt sub system

How is the amp on there?? IF i were to buy two 10" subs (buy one get one free) would I really need to change out the amp?? Isn't there anyway I can keep the current amp and still get a notable performance increase?

Any help would be appreciated. Lookin for suggestions (preferably cheap ones at that)

·
Registered
3 Posts
are you kidding?

are you sugesting running two 10's that are probably capable of handleing at least 200watts each and 6 speakers off of 180 watts! Buy a realy cheap aftermarket amp for like $130 for 400 watts.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
dont even think our stock amp is something.... its a peice of crap if you ask me...... go with a Rockford amp....... you can get a nice 5 or 6 channel or run 2 amps..... a 4 and a 2 or mono...... your system will be the shiz :D

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just tryin to save some money but get enough to deal with... I can get the two 10"s or even 2 12"s for 100 bucks total... I dont want to get an expensive amp just something that'll do me good....

other suggestions?

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you're gonna get an amp, I suggest Rockford Fosgate or Phoenix Gold. I have experienced both of these personally, and I think they are great. 200W bridged should be enough for two 10" subs, unless you're a bass head.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if you just want a nice sound and not too much without spending all that money for the top brands go to bet buy and get there 2 channel 500 watt amp for $159 i believe or even cheaper you can get the 200 watt amp and it wil still give a nice little sound

·
Registered
66 Posts
HELP!

So, if I pick up 2 10" subs (free), and an amp, it will all run fine on the 180watt factory stereo in my Spec V??? Do I need a new deck as well?

·
SHIFT_my nuts
1,862 Posts
you'll also will probably need a line level converter. to go to RCAs of your amp from the stock speaker wire...easiest splice. I don't think the amp pushes out enough signal to get it to your amp...much less the hassle of dealing with that pin out...ugg...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts