B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know what size the sub in the back is?
it looks like an 8, i just wanna make sure before i start taking it apart. i guess i'm just going to replace it with an aftermarket and add an amp. i dont wanna put anymore weight.

thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
it is an oversized 6.5"

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't bet on it. I think somebody tried to see if an 8" would fit, but no luck. Panasonic makes a 6½" sub that might fit, but Panasonics have really big baskets, so it's kinda iffy. Why don't you just add a custom MDF box and an amp? Although it's a little extra weight, the boxes can be pretty light if they're made right, and when you're racing you can just pull it out of the trunk.

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit my site! It's chock full of Sentra-y goodness!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know what your saying, but i want it race ready everytime. im going lightweight....

thats why im planning on buying the carbon fiber hood, but not at the moment. financial reasons!

thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I'm not wanting to lose any floor space, but that sub doesn't sound to great at volume. I think the cone just can't handle high volumes accurately. Has anyone taken a good look at it out of the car? I'm thinking that I might be able to just replace the cone with a better speaker. Anyone who's taken a good look think it'll be possible?

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
150 Posts
we've been over this before...the factory amp is at 1ohm so the speaker would have to match that impedence to get any kind of volume...take it from me...I put in a 6.5" JL to no avail!

------------------

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what? it didnt fit?

coz im thinking of putting a jl 6.5 and then using a different amp. what do you think?

if the 6.5 wont fit, then ill just scrap the whole idea. theres gotta be a way

[This message has been edited by TOFFEE (edited April 15, 2001).]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wassup peoples. The stock Amp sucks big time but I Found that a 6" kicker freeair sub work pretty good, well better then the stock anyway. I recomend jus getting rid of 6 and going with like a 10 or 12 depending on the brand and model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts