B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is. I currently have a JL 12w6 the original one. Sounds great and all, but I don't have a big enough amp for it, and the box it requires (ported) is too big for me.......

I'm looking for something comparable to a 12w3-d2, in price and sound....Using a 200-300rms amp to push...and doesn't require but a 1.0-1.5cu.ft. box.........

I have no qualms about making another sub box......that's something I enjoy.

Or perhaps there's a 10" sub out there comparable to the 12w3?

lets have some suggestions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Infinity Kappa 10" Perfects sound wonderful. I run a single one with 300rms and I am very happy. It does give a very tight response though, not very boomy.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard good things about image dynamics......one of their 10s in a ported enclosure might be what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would also suggest the newer ID12v3 from Image. I am running a pair of ID8V3s right now and they sound pretty good. Of course they are going to become my mid bass speakers soon when I upgrade to a single ID10v3.

·
Registered
557 Posts
chimmike said:
Well here it is. I currently have a JL 12w6 the original one. Sounds great and all, but I don't have a big enough amp for it, and the box it requires (ported) is too big for me.......

I'm looking for something comparable to a 12w3-d2, in price and sound....Using a 200-300rms amp to push...and doesn't require but a 1.0-1.5cu.ft. box.........

I have no qualms about making another sub box......that's something I enjoy.

Or perhaps there's a 10" sub out there comparable to the 12w3?

lets have some suggestions.
Infinity Kappa Perfect on www.discountsjungle.com

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dunno, $75+ shipping?

i can take pics...the thing is in pristine condition.....

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tallahassee. I'd say 100 shipped and it's yours. if it's more than that (prolly will be cuz it's heavy) I'll cover it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i have 2 12in Infinity Kappa 12 Perfect VQs
i think with what you want, these would be ideal. the removable pole inserts allow you to run a box anywhere from .4CF an up, making them incredibly versitile...and on Cardomain.com, you can get a kappa 12 perfect VQ for $180, cosmetic defect *sticker on the magnet is rippled, something you'd NEVER see once its installed*... they sound amazing, they hit VERY hard, and the SQ is unreal. evangelo's turned me on to these, once i got them, i turned ninety-nine-sel (nissanforums.com) onto these, now he owns 2 - 12's as well :)

only thing they might not like is 300w RMS. they;re rated for 400rms/1600max, but they'll take every bit of that 400rms and ask for more, ive got about 550 going to each of mine.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The VQ's are nice, and I have always wondered how the metal insert would affect the change after reading lots on it. Supposedly thats the only sub of its kind.
Mike I would ask (cant believe no one else has....)

A) How much do you want to spend?
B) What type of music do you listen to?
C) Is a new sub amp in the picture at some point or another?

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah a new amp will be done eventually. I want to spend about the same amount as a 12w3. get back on AIM!

·
Registered
631 Posts
chimmike said:
yeah a new amp will be done eventually. I want to spend about the same amount as a 12w3. get back on AIM!
im ON aim mike. i think you have me blocked D:
too bad, i do know my ***** when it comes to car audio

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, not you, spec v freak lol. he said he has a sub for me or somethin....shiiiiiiiit

1 - 20 of 53 Posts