B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by greendot:
i have checked with nissan dealer, nad it is based on fact. both use same suspension, egine, tranny.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is true, then can we use aftermarket shocks made for the G20s? Does anybody make a shock for the G20?

------------------
Jae

'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

G

·
That is a tough one. Yes, the cars share the same powertrain, but remember they are not the same car. The brakes are the same, but I don't know if the strut housing is identical. Remember, the G20 is based on a totally different car than the Sentra.

Ground control *might* know the answer to this question. We know that the B14 struts will work with a little modification....who knows what might fit.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know the only companies so far that make any aftermarket strut for a 1999-2001 G20 is TEIN and Koni (yellow) and that's it so far. as far as struts go. But as for fitment, i haven't a clue you may wanna check www.g20.net
under the "suspension" section it'll show some part numbers for various components, you can make reference on those and compare numbers. I might do a little research on this myself and see if I can come up with anything. It would be nice to know if I can interchange anything off of a b15 since I own a P11.

------------------
2001 Infinti G20t
http://www.foreignimages.cjb.net

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, the only thing i see so far for a b15 is a Koni(standard-whatever that means) strut cartridge for the front, meaning opening that sucker up and replacing everything and a Koni(Standard-again)complete replacement for the rear. and the rear's have an adjustable spring seat for ride height adjustment. I found all this info. on... www.tirerack.com
check in the suspension section for your year/make/model and it'll show you what I've told you. But all this could be a misprint so you might wanna call and make sure.

------------------
2001 Infinti G20t
http://www.foreignimages.cjb.net

·
Registered
112 Posts
Koni STD shocks means that we have to use the OEM housing(cut and taken out the OEM struct). My friend did that w/ his Tiburon. Works OK. but not as stiff as you might expected. He said the setting is great for street but not for racing.. I wanted to do it 2, since I got my por-kit spring. But the problem is I leased my B15 .. worrying that might be a problem when I return the car later.... Good piece of info Nismoboy1 thank you .!!! : ) u get my B15 yelling for new shocks . haha

BTW what car is that in your sig ???

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

[This message has been edited by rho2 (edited March 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by rho2 (edited March 07, 2001).]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those of you with dropped B15s... does EVERYONE have that funky noise in their struts? Am I the only one who DOESN'T have it? Just wondering. 2 1/2 months dropped and still going strong.

Also, what exactly is causing that noise? I keep hearing different things...

------------------
Jae
'00 SE

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited March 08, 2001).]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Running on Eibach Prokits. Couldn't get any lower man, I got a steep *** driveway.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff...

·
Registered
112 Posts
SR20DE 2K you r not alone. I got the same problem 2. I'm using pro-kit. The dealer told me that it was the upper mount pully hitting the struct... which is weird cuz only my front right hand side got the problem. Other 3 seem to be okey.

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chinoworld:
hey dood, dunno about those konis... when i did the search for older sentras 99-, it shows me the same shocks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would agree I also refferenced all the shocks with the B14 numbers and they all showed up the same number.....

I know a company called Hotshok has the B15 platform on the list for shocks in the near future......

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
623 Posts
hey guys, just called koni and they cant confirm the shock listed on tirerack or any of their shocks to fit the b15.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts