B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys - dumb question here:

I too have a POP filter I want to install, but I took a quick look at the airbox and I am confused.

The air box needs to be removed, but there is a big square brass fitting attached to the engine-side of the box. Looking at the POP filter it looks like I need a 3" round tube to connect to in the engine - but it doen't look like I will have one once I remove the airbox.

Also - what is the MAF? what does it stand for and what does it look like - is it just to intake tube?!?

Any help is apprectiated!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I can't answer your question about the pop filter because I don't have any experience with it. The MAF stands for Mass Air Flow, it is a sensor that reads how much air is entering the engine. On the sr20de it is black and looks like a section of tubing. On one side it has 4 bolts holding it to the air box and the other is round connecting to the intake tubes.

Guys correct me if I'm wrong about any of this, but this is what I remember last, looking under the hood.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE PP Black 5 spd aluminum painted calipers, rotors, strut ar, and polished valve cover.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Ok if your look at the picture of my old Stillen pop-cone intake and see the Stillen sticker that's the MAF that actually dissconnects from the stock air box......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EbonySE:
Also - what is the MAF? what does it stand for and what does it look like - is it just to intake tube?!?

Any help is apprectiated!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To add to Gene's post, the MAF stands for, "Mass Air Flow" sensor. See the for bolts connecting it to the top part of the stock air box? That is what you're going to connect to your MAF adapter plate that connects to your filter. :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingo! Marvin I think you nailed it - I am going to need a MAF adapter plate to bolt onto those 4 bolts.

Sentra Styling - did your POP slide into the MAF or did you have an adapter to fit the Sentra's 4 bolt position?

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EbonySE:
Bingo! Marvin I think you nailed it - I am going to need a MAF adapter plate to bolt onto those 4 bolts.

Sentra Styling - did your POP slide into the MAF or did you have an adapter to fit the Sentra's 4 bolt position?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I can tell from the pic before, it's bolt on. My PR CAI was also bolt on. :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts