B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DON'T PANIC!
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my '04 since last FEB. and I havent pushed it to the limit, Ive only done about 125 MPH so I would just like to know what the stock govener limit is.

Note: this just for future reference.

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
First a word of warning... Top Speed and Street Racing posts are very much frowned upon by the site owner and moderators so don't be surprised to see this locked or deleted.

As for a top speed governor IIRC there isn't one on the Spec, I believe you'll hit a wind resistance induced barier before you run out of gear. What that means is that stock the car doesn't have enough power to overcome the wind resistance and go all the way to redline in 6th gear.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
The spec-v is drag limited. You won't hit any governer or any of the sort in the spec-v. I've only brought it to like 130, and I believe I had a lot of rpm left.

·
DON'T PANIC!
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks much guys

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
i hit 132, with lots of room to spare, if it werent for the ****ty econobox feel i coulda kept going, but I felt like the was going to dissolve in the air or something, i didnt want it falling apart, lol sentra def. is not made for that kind of speed

·
She was so young...
254 Posts
Don't assume you were going 140mph or whatever based on the stock speedometer! Over 90-100mph those things are way off generally. I think this was discussed once before here...

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
the "lots of room" on the tach doesn't mean jack when you don't have the power to overcome the ginormous drag created by our boats on wheels.

the only limiter is drag or the rev limiter.

i've hit the rev limiter in my car, in 5th gear.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
bjorkluv said:
IB4TL

I know the SE can hit 140 ;) I never did it though :p
Yea-off a cliff. And that would be safer for all concerned. ;)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
adc100 said:
Yea-off a cliff. And that would be safer for all concerned. ;)
Nah Chip posted a video last year of his car hitting 140....of course the thread was killed...but I still have the Vid cause it was all around a pretty motivating piece of work with a tittie shot to boot.. However driving those speeds with A Sentra on Public highways is just a really bad idea and should not be done
Late
D

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ Yeah. I have that video too. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts