B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, this is a weird one. So, I park my car at school today, and as I get out I notice that there is something hanging down underneath the car. At first, I thought it was something that I picked up on the highway. It was lodged in the area just behind the left rear wheel. So, I pull it out and look at it. It's a Nissan Part! Whats more, it looks very new, so I assume it is something that has fallen off my car. I looked around under there, but I couldn't find anyplace for this part to go. It's a fairly large piece of plastic about 3~4" wide, and about 10" long. It has two rubber flaps on it. I honestly don't know what it is, but I am a little dismayed that it has fallen off the damn car! Hopefully, the dealer can stick it back on somewhere.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
104 Posts
What the hell??? Damn it Max, you have the worse luck!! I swear, if something was falling off my car like that, I would throw a hissy! :(

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll tell you what. I don't think I was destined to own this car. Now, I don't want to sound supersticious, but I've had REALLY bad luck with every aspect of owning my Sentra. I mean, I think I've had more weird things happen to me than anymore. The forces seem to be aligned against me in anything I try to do with the car. Maybe it is a blessing that I am getting rid of it. :)

------------------
-For Sale!

·
Registered
26 Posts
dont worry, its probably a flap that protects parts of the engine from mud and water. Check underneath because you should have something to cover your AC. That might be it (i have a b14 so im not sure for b15s)

------------------
White 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE 16inch rims and bangin sound system!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Max, I would have to totally agree with you on this one. You've had so many problems, I guess it's better off you find something else to tie you over. You definitely need to stay here on the boards, and don't be a stranger! :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is that thing white color?? Few weeks ago a part (similar to what you describe) fell off my car also. Anyway I took it to my dealer and let them took care of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
I'll tell you what. I don't think I was destined to own this car. Now, I don't want to sound supersticious, but I've had REALLY bad luck with every aspect of owning my Sentra. I mean, I think I've had more weird things happen to me than anymore. The forces seem to be aligned against me in anything I try to do with the car. Maybe it is a blessing that I am getting rid of it. :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Max I'm in the same club with all the problems. I literally had problems from the minute I drove it off the lot. I think I need an SE-Rv to cure all this bad luck ;-)

------------------
- JC -

2000 Sentra SE 5-spd, Sunroof, in Radium

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Left rear wheel area?

Could it be the piece that is supposed to keep dirt from coming up through the water drain hole into the fuel filler door area?

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seemed like it belonged in that area. Maybe tonight I will stick my head up there and see if I can find a spot for it. I am just thankful it got stuck as it fell off. otherwise, it would be sitting on the side of a highway somewhere. hahaha.

------------------
-For Sale!

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
$**** happens. The car really is well built. I think.....

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think I know what this is. It's a plastic protector that holds a bundle of wires and tubes right behind the rear left wheel. You can poke at it with your finger. I did and it was loose and the dealer screwed it back in place.

·
Registered
182 Posts
LOL, I dont like bringing up three-year-old posts, but well I just had this thing fall off too (I think anyways, might have been a long time ago) and I didn't feel like making another thread for it. The reason for this post is I'm sure now that I am not the only one that this has happened to, I know where it snaps back into, and it is really easy to put back on, but man is it a bad design since it seems to fall out... shoulda put a screw to hold it in or something. So anyways, like maxximtl who had this happen to his SE, I was looking at the back of my car and saw this thing sticking out from under my bumper. I pulled it out and sure enough it had those little flap things and said Nissan on it. I found a hole while looking up from under the bumper and after trying to put it back into its place for ~5 minutes, I decided it wasn't going to go back in. This is when I found out that it is not that difficult of a thing to replace. I pulled the carpet from the rear left side of the trunk after removing the 4 cargo net clip things and saw that 4" long hole down at the bottom of the trunk. Now I don't know how long this has not been where it should have been, but I don't know why it fell off since when I snapped it back in from the top of the hole it seemed pretty secure. Someone must have been driving over too many curbs... :cool: (me??) Hope that helps anyone who finds a little white piece of plastic sticking out from under their bumper any time soon...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Originally posted by jhchan
I think I need an SE-Rv to cure all this bad luck ;-)

Better do your research before making a comment like that...

My SE-R Spec V
15 shop calls in two years
New engine...many other pieces replaced
Had the thing in the shop once a month the first year I owned it...

K-

·
Registered
247 Posts
ummm its the trunk vent that lets air out when you run the AC/heat and when you close the trunk, it seems like a lot of people keep having that thing fall off...

·
Hakuna Matata, bishes!
2,354 Posts
Mine is surrounded by expanding foam and Dyanmat...it'll never come out now. I also closed off one of the flaps and put a piece of foam as a filter over the half of the vent. It was actually pulling a lot of road grime up into my trunk...go figure!

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Just do a search on trunk vent; I'm sure you'll find a thread or fifty; a couple should have a few pictures to help.

IgottaSpecV said:
Better do your research before making a comment like that...
I don't think your comment is going to help much; that post was made before the SE-R's were released for sale. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you haven't already aznteknothug, just pull the carpet in the trunk on the left side after taking off the cargo net things. They are pretty easy to get off, just pull up on the round thing that surrounds the D shaped part and then pull off. Pull the carpet from the side of the trunk and look down, you will see a hole down there where you will need to put the big plastic piece into the hole, then pull it back towards the opening till it snaps, making sure you are mounting it so that the flaps are closed while you are looking at it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts