B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 GXE with a stock CD player. I put a CD in there. Now it won't come out, and it won't play. Any suggestions??

·
DIY-er
681 Posts
Listen to the radio!

Reactions: Isolee

·
DIY-er
681 Posts
Try turning off the car, then pulling the fuse for the radio to ensure that there is no power to the radio at all... not even residual. Leave it unplugged for a few minutes so all the flash memory that the radio might have will be cleared. Put the fuse back in and put the car on accessory power... it might automatically pop it out, or eject when you tell it to.

·
OT Slut
1,308 Posts
You're screwed. Happened to me about two weeks ago. I got pissed off and punched it and now i have a detachable face factory cd player. Needless to say, cd is still stuck in there and wont be coming out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pintobean11 said:
You're screwed. Happened to me about two weeks ago. I got pissed off and punched it and now i have a detachable face factory cd player. Needless to say, cd is still stuck in there and wont be coming out.
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't generally punch things when I get upset. I prefer a little more cerebral approch. You, however, can make what ever modifications you like :cool:

I'll give the fuse removal a shot. If that doesn't work I may replace the player since it's just a stock unit.

I thought I might be able to slip a thin blade or credit card in there to tweak it out. I'll go try that right now.

·
OT Slut
1,308 Posts
ParadiseGXE said:
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't generally punch things when I get upset. I prefer a little more cerebral approch. You, however, can make what ever modifications you like :cool:

I'll give the fuse removal a shot. If that doesn't work I may replace the player since it's just a stock unit.

I thought I might be able to slip a thin blade or credit card in there to tweak it out. I'll go try that right now.
I didnt suggest you punch the cd player.

You wont be able to get the cd at all because it is blocked in there. i wanted to replace mine because i have an aftermarket deck now.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
You're beat. Time for a new head unit. When this happened to me, I took the stock unit out of the dash and took it apart, and successfully recovered my CD. However, I ****ed it up real good putting it back together, so I just bought a cheap HU.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to slide a credit card in there and get it out. The CD had a good sized (1/4") nick in it which would explain why it was ticking as it tried to eject. Tossed the CD. Now ejects and plays fine. It's all good for now. Thanks.

...and I was getting used to the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue and HARDLY ever use the CD on my Sentra 2005 and since is out of warranty I will need to pay for it.

What I really recommend, contact the CORPORATE OFFICE at: http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/contactus and explain to them your situation.

I am VERY frustrated because if I was the only one "OKAY" is understandable, but I've been reading multiple forums and MANY people has the same problem so that means that the product was defective or had issues since the beginning.

If they get complains from different people, I am sure they will listen to us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 02 GXE with a stock CD player. I put a CD in there. Now it won't come out, and it won't play. Any suggestions??
Hey! I have a 2007 Sentra that had this problem. I found a site that helped me out. Step 3 did the trick. Hope this works for anyone else who runs into something similar to this. The link is below:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey! I have a 2007 Sentra that had this problem. I found a site that helped me out. Step 3 did the trick. Hope this works for anyone else who runs into something similar to this. The link is below:

Sounds like a good trick. Better if there's a tip on how to prevent the getting stuck problem.

·
Registered
161 Posts
U need a new head unit. Ive replaced my 6 disc player twice. The 2nd time it broke within 2 months..i just removed it and put a cubby and got satellite radio installed @ bestbuy. Worth jt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts