B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been driving around with the springs in the trunk for months. If anyone has any info, It will be greatly appreciated. I am actually thinking MONROE>>>LOL

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I have been e-mailing and calling and everyone for an aftermarket performance strut for the past month or so and all I end up with is either "We don't have a big demand" or "We should be R&D ing them shortly" but still no solid sign of anyone making them......

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I see you have the P/P. I do, too. I had Intrax springs installed over the stock shocks, with very good results. Because the shocks are so stiff, the higher rebound rate lets them work pretty well with the springs. I'm lowered 2", and have only bottomed a couple times(and well deservedly so). You paid for the (stock)shocks, so use them! Sure, they'll wear out faster, blah blah blah. Buy shortened shocks when they come out- the stockers should be good for at least a year. Later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you go to www.tirerack.com they have KONI shocks their with the Twin Gas Hydraulic system in them and they are fully adjustable i think they are $114 for the pair. They also have pro-kit and sport line springs for like $210 or so. I am ordering them all on my next pay check.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldn't that be nice!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
I have been e-mailing and calling and everyone for an aftermarket performance strut for the past month or so and all I end up with is either "We don't have a big demand" or "We should be R&D ing them shortly" but still no solid sign of anyone making them......
:mad: ok they want demand, we will give them demand.....

as for the Koni shocks, as i remember they are just insert shocks...

i just wouldn't buy them....

·
Registered
940 Posts
do not goto tire rack . i called 'em up, they said it was a b14 strut with welded b15 connection. a frankenstein, basiclly. how reliable is that!?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Dont say that i just ordered the Koni's yesterday you dont think there worth it? :mad: F!*%$ it im gonna keep them and see how they are when i get them installed ill let you guys know what i think i also ordered Eibach Sportlines dont think the'll work good together?? or are you just concerned that there "frankienstiens"?:confused:

·
Registered
268 Posts
yea let us know.....:p

·
Registered
21 Posts
I called Eibach a couple of weeks ago and they told me that they would have Eibach Pro-Dampers available some time in late fall...probably around October-November. Hopefully they'll come through with them!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I've heard by alot of people from these forums and many other forums say that koni's suck badly...And I would be weary especially seeing they are "frankenstein's",,,,But that's just my opinion.....

But Project SE deffiently keep us posted on how they ride and what not,,,and keep and eye on the construction of them also to keep us up to date.....

·
Registered
473 Posts
The description for the shocks that *I* ordered is
"Koni Shocks: Twin Gas Hydrolic System" (Front and Rear)
I should be getting them either tomorrow or the following day and hopefully have them put on the same day with the sportlines ill let you guys know how they are!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are the struts compatible with our ABS?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have the SE with the Performance Package, you have ABS.
If you don't have the Performance Package, you won't have ABS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts