B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I got the stromung midpipe and a tanabe racing medalion muffler, would it fit?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

G

·
No, it would not. The Tanabe muffler I assume is universal, and will have no provisions for attachment to the Stromung midpipe. A muffler shop would have to fabricate a small section of pipe to connect the two pieces, not to mention welding hangers onto the muffler.

Honestly, having the work done to the Tanabe muffler couldn't save you much money over just buying the entire Stromung system.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
If you get the midpipe, ask to see if you can pay a little more for faster shipping. I paid for mine about 2 months ago and I'm still waiting. Scott told me that it would be shipped 2 Mondays ago.........still not here! I think I'm going to have to talk to him again.later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

·
Registered
297 Posts
damn am still waiting for mine too, I ordered one week ago though, get some tracking numbers man, thats what am calling him for today.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went to Miami muffler and they gave me a quote of $260 for midpipe and install. The midpipe is mandrel bent and 2.5". I would have to supply the muffler. I would probably get a greddy or tanabe racing medalion.

The biggest advantage is that I won't have to pay for shipping. Stromung is in Cali, and to fedex **** is expensive!! It won't look stock (which kinda sux), but I am getting a quality job. A friend of mine has gone to them and they did his catback and downpipe (turbo). What does the crowd think about this idea?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
I believe I should be very pissed at Stromung cuz I've been waiting since February!!!! He told me two weeks ago that it was going to be shipped on that monday...so much for that. I will have to call his *** again. Dammit!later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

·
Registered
190 Posts
Any reply Nismo? I've been waiting for my replacement midpipe for the exact same amount of time. I wrote an email 2 days ago to see what was up, but no response. Guess I gotta call them today sometime. Good luck!

------------------
2001 Blackout SE w/ PP, sunroof, debadged, Stromung exhaust, more to come...

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
I got a reply this morning, Scott said he sent it 3day rush mail yesterday. Hope he did! thats good news, maybe he did the same with yours.later

------------------

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nitelife:
Any reply Nismo? I've been waiting for my replacement midpipe for the exact same amount of time. I wrote an email 2 days ago to see what was up, but no response. Guess I gotta call them today sometime. Good luck!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey man, I haven't been keeping up, but what happened to your midpipe?

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
O.G.Mr. Sentra, that is a good question! I have no idea, I was on the 1st group buy and I still have not received the pipe yet! I have tried calling many times, but no one answers. I have sent about 5 emails w/ replies to 2 of them. It should be here soon so I can finally quit worrying. later

------------------

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Man, that totally sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you get it soon. Let me tell you, it is really made of great quality, and it was easy as hell to install myself. Good luck bro!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts