B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I got my midpipe installed today. I was going to just do it myself, but I realized that you have to be He-Man to get the bolts off. So I take it to local muffler shop to get it bolted on. It didn't fit right. It reguired modification to the rear section(flange was twisted the wrong way). So if you get just the midpipe, it WILL require modification to the stock rear section. I have decided to just keep it sleeperish and stay with the stock variable capacity muffler(can't be that bad).I will give you my thoughts about the sound and performance later.

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, Stromung midpipe(waiting for bolts and gasket).

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I was thinking about doing that too. Let us know how it goes. It's probably better than the stock (1 3/4?) midpipe.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ stuff
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

·
Registered
297 Posts
GOD PEOPLE....stop saying 1 and 3/4 of an inch, it is 1 and 5/8 of an inch, how many times does this have to be stated, and yes it is a lot better than stock, I got both the pipe, rear section. The car sound awesome, the sound given by the setup is really nice and deep, it is not annoying or anything at all, it is actually kind of quiet.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
149 Posts
like it really matters, who cares about a insignificant detail like how big the stock mid pipe is. ****, im sure i read it before never cared enough to bother remembering...anyway, from what others have said b4 i know the cat-back sounds good. I want to know how it sounds with the stock rear section and if Nismo00 got the resonator.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2k1DragSentra:
GOD PEOPLE....stop saying 1 and 3/4 of an inch, it is 1 and 5/8 of an inch, how many times does this have to be stated

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, some people don't really know, you can't jump them for that, right? :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
How much are the mid pipe!

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Focuz Tanabe Racing Medallion Replica exhaust, HID Hyperwhite bulbs All Round With Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, JVC 10's w/ Kenwood Amp and 2 1/2" Dome Tweets...( Stillen front lip Spoiler on the way)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Can anyone pls show me the picture that how does it look like?

Thx

------------------
Please help me. I am a rook.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra_n00b:
Can anyone pls show me the picture that how does it look like?

Thx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you click on my website you'll see a picture of the muffler on the car,in my photo's.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys, my midpipe has no resonator. The sound seems a little louder, but very little. Its hard for me to tell inside the car(can't hear over the roaring POP!), but I had a friend rev it slowly, climbing all the way to about 6000 and it did sound pretty good from right behind the car. The sound is not something you hear immediately, I guess you really have to know how an SE sounds to know the difference. But from right behind the muffler I could tell it sounded different. Also, when its idling you can tell its flowing better, because you can hear more exhaust gas coming out, so I know its working.
As for performance gains, It felt like it pulls a little harder at WOT. By SOTP, it feels a little better than the POP. Also, I noticed that my fuel economy is improved. Overall, the sound is a small change and power seems to have picked up a few hp.later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, Stromung midpipe(waiting for bolts and gasket).

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Hmm. Cool deal, Nismo00. I might consider changing out my stock 1 5/8 :rolleyes: midpipe out now. Kinda wanna keep the sleeper look too... especially since I got an auto. I just don't the way exhausts sound with auto trannies.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ stuff
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had a little more seat time now, and I notice the sound a little more now. Its good though, because its still not obvious, but you can tell when you get on it! It sounds deeper and definitely stronger. I noticed tonight that I was actually able to hear something other than my intake! Its cool, I recommend it, definitely if you want to go sleeper(I have an auto too). later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, Stromung midpipe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nismo00:
Its cool, I recommend it, definitely if you want to go sleeper(I have an auto too). later

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, with the Stromung muffler, it doesn't make that big of a statement. Most people when I show them my car don't even mention the exhaust. It's nice and polished, but hardly a big difference than stock. The midpipe is definitely a must for that absolute sleeper power. :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
So how much is it?

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Focuz Tanabe Racing Medallion Replica exhaust, HID Hyperwhite bulbs All Round With Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, JVC 10's w/ Kenwood Amp and 2 1/2" Dome Tweets...( Stillen front lip Spoiler on the way)

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
215 shipped

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, Stromung midpipe.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
do you think I can still get one??? (mid-pipe)

does anyone have the number I can call????

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
714-596-2237

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
you said that the mid-pipe didnt fit right with the stock muffler and needed modification.........

how did you get it to fit?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

G

·
The muffler shop cut off the flange on the rear section and welded it to the midpipe. I know its kinda shitty, but it works so I don't care, and if I want to go back to stock I will just pick up a rear section froma junkyard or something.later

------------------
2000 Avalanche Sentra SE w/pp. JWT POP, Advanced timing @ 17deg., 205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, Stromung midpipe. (M.I.A nismo00)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts