B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here is getting th just the midpipe besides myself and nismo00. Just curious..and this might have been answered b4 but will the mid pipe bolt up to stock rear muffler? TIA

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

G

·
Well, we might want to ammend that to it SHOULD bolt up to the stock muffler. Scott's original design would not allow for his midpipe to be used with the stock muffler. However, I sent him back the prototype muffler that would allow him to create a midpipe that could be used with the stock muffler. Whether he incorporated that change into our orders remains to be seen. I would contact Scott, because he is the only one that will know. He was gonna have to modify his jig to get it to work, but I understand that is what he wanted to do.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
623 Posts
if the muffler can bolt right onto the stock mid pipe w/out any mods. then the mid pipe would bolt right onto the stock muffler.

and besides, he still have my stock mid pipe. he can compare it to that, hehe....

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
I agree w/Darkside, me keeping the stock rear section on w/the Stromung would just be temporary, but the stock muffler is not supposed to be a big power killer on our SEs because of the variable capacity muffler, so it might not be so bad afterall. The only reason I am replacing my muffler is because i want a nice shiny stainless steel piece(that will sound sweet) to replace the increasingly filthy looking stocker.Oh, almost forgot it would be more of a sleeper(for me anyway).later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

[This message has been edited by nismo00 (edited March 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by nismo00 (edited March 05, 2001).]

G

·
Chino- Unless Scott changed the jig, the stromung mid-pipe WILL NOT bolt to the stock muffler. I ran into this very problem when I test fit the prototype muffler. Scott said he was planning on changing the jig though.

------------------
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)

G

·
714-596-2237.

Update: Scott went ahead and did the original Jig setup. This means that the stock muffler section WILL NOT bolt up to the Stromung Mid-pipe. Scott felt that in the interests of time, this was a better way to go. He also mentioned that the fit seemed to be better with his setup.

Hopefully, this won't inconvenience you too much.
------------------
MODS:

[This message has been edited by maxximtl (edited March 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just called Scott, my midpipe and muffler are in transit as I type this!! I sooooo cannot wait until I get to install that bad boy, another thing, they went ahead and removed the resonators from the mid pipes after they did the sound check with chino's im guessing. Hopefully Nissan will fix my short in the electrical wirings and I will be good to go.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

[This message has been edited by iLLt3cK (edited March 05, 2001).]

G

·
I was thinking Scott was gonna have to do that. It was just too quiet with the Center resonator in place.

Everyone should see their systems by Friday, or earlier depending on your location. Mine went out last, so you guys will all have yours before I get mine.

BTW, the employee installed the full system on his GXE and said it made a big difference. I can't wait to get this thing installed!

------------------
MODS:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
Everyone should see their systems by Friday, or earlier depending on your location. Mine went out last, so you guys will all have yours before I get mine.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool man this makes me very happy

one thing they removed the resonator if i'm reading right????
so this will make it a little louder also???

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

G

·
Yes, the resonator will be removed for all the systems. Scott was much happier with it out. Anywho, you guys gotta tell me what it is like!

Stylin- are you still planning on dyno'ing the car before and after the install?

------------------
MODS:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
Yes, the resonator will be removed for all the systems. Scott was much happier with it out. Anywho, you guys gotta tell me what it is like!

Stylin- are you still planning on dyno'ing the car before and after the install?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I not really sure on getting it dyno'd before cause the place that has the dyno machine down the street from is booked for a while and it's the only dyno machine in the remote area,,,DAMN SMALL STATE

But if I get the Exhaust in by friday,,,,TRUST me it'll be in by saturday afternoon
but I am going to see if I can squeeze it in before then but if I can't then deffinetly after

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
I was thinking Scott was gonna have to do that. It was just too quiet with the Center resonator in place.

BTW, the employee installed the full system on his GXE and said it made a big difference. I can't wait to get this thing installed!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This makes me very pleased. How do you all think this setup with the stock intake should feel? The only reason I ask is because with my old GXE (GA16DE), I had the 2 1/4 piping and lost speed off the line. This was probably discussed earlier, but I wanted to make sure. I just can't wait to get the CAI installed!
Great job Max!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
623 Posts
guys, their exhaust kick ***!!! i cant wait till i call scott and tell him about it. the throttle is very responsive now. i put on about 1500 miles on my car over the weekend and the exhaust gives a lot of mid end power. 3-5000. and its better on gas too

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
how much is the midpipe?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
let me know the details of that mid pipe from power house.....

does greddy have an system for us??? i want the trust style system...

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
623 Posts
nope, no one have anything for us yet. stromung is the only one. its not even a full cats back exh, but its enough for now till i go turbo then ill redo the piping

[This message has been edited by chinoworld (edited March 06, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts