B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you guys worried about voiding your warranty? If ANYTHING goes wrong with your car, that is even remotely connected to your exhaust, dosen't the dealer have a right not to fix your car? Even if you could prove that [/I] it [/I] is not related to the exhaust, you would have to go through hell reasoning with managers/technicians etc!!

This is my first new car and I am not too sure how to handle this warranty/aftermarket situation. Anyone have any opinions on this matter?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nah, I have no worries. The dealer has to PROVE that it was the exhaust that caused the failure of the part and then they don't have to honor the warranty. The problems with Sentra's are not with the drivetrain so much as they are with the little things like the sunvisor, etc.

Some dealers may even like the exhaust and say "nice car".

G

·
I'm really not worried either. Like John said, the dealer has to prove that the part caused the failure. Plus, it can only effect parts directly related to the aftermarket part.

Well, I guess that brings us to the question of what is gonna go wrong with the exhaust to cause a problem? Aside from structural damage, I don't know how it would screw something up. The muffler is a straight through design, so there really isn't anything to "break."

IMO, the exhaust is one of the few "safe" mods left to do. It doesn't effect any emmisions equipment, it should cause no warranty problems and looks really good!

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It's Here!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I don't have any worries about it as well

Check this out it makes some good reading for ya http://www.sema.org/warranty/

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

[This message has been edited by Sentra Styling (edited February 14, 2001).]

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azninvazion:
Are any of you guys worried about voiding your warranty? If ANYTHING goes wrong with your car, that is even remotely connected to your exhaust, dosen't the dealer have a right not to fix your car? Even if you could prove that [/I] it [/I] is not related to the exhaust, you would have to go through hell reasoning with managers/technicians etc!!

This is my first new car and I am not too sure how to handle this warranty/aftermarket situation. Anyone have any opinions on this matter?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry.....

Be happy...

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yea, its not us that have to prove to them, its them that have to prove to us that our exhaust caused a problem. As stated before, there are not a lot of things that can go wrong with an exhaust install. As long as we are staying cat-back I don't really think my dealership cares too much.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
ill sumned it up pretty well i couldn't have said it any better

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts