B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for yall! Can the 2002-2003 Stromung exhaust fit on a 2004?

Yes, I searched the forum and then maybe its a dumb question, but always better to find out now than later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I don't see why not. FYI to save some cash listen to ME!!!! Now. Order the Muffler from stromung and get the pipes and res from somewhere else. You'll save hundreds. No joke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive seen those big debates about custom exhaust using VRS 2.5 or 3 wit magnaflow etc.... Its just easier for me right now to get the cat back exhaust from Stromung. So maybe in 3-4 years Ill get a beater car and then start racing this car then Ill do that custom stuff.

Thanks for you info!

Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
sorry to crash your thread but PIAA what bulbs are those for
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Flyor said:
Ive seen those big debates about custom exhaust using VRS 2.5 or 3 wit magnaflow etc.... Its just easier for me right now to get the cat back exhaust from Stromung. So maybe in 3-4 years Ill get a beater car and then start racing this car then Ill do that custom stuff.

Thanks for you info!

Jay
Okay feel free to spend 650 dollars when you could buy a 150 dollars muffler and maybe at the most 350 dollars worth of pipes and a maybe get a great deal at a muffler shop on a res. I know I wish I didn't buy through Stromung. Seriously listen to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KDAL said:
sorry to crash your thread but PIAA what bulbs are those for

Alls good.

PIAA Extreme White

H11 = Fog Lights

3157 = Parking/Turn Indicators

1156 = Rear Turn Indicators

1157 = Rear Brake Lights

921 = Reverse lights
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
violentk2005 said:
Okay feel free to spend 650 dollars when you could buy a 150 dollars muffler and maybe at the most 350 dollars worth of pipes and a maybe get a great deal at a muffler shop on a res. I know I wish I didn't buy through Stromung. Seriously listen to me.
Either Im buying Magnaflow or Stormung Cat-back, and do u really think I am going to spend $650. Searching around alot and pulling some hook ups I can get a lower price.

Im open to all suggestions. I was just looking for something simple for right now. But before I buy anything, I will look into just buy a muffler, res and custom piping.

I just need to know if the 02-03 would fit the 04. If not then I wont have to bother spending "$650"!

Jay
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
everything from the 03-04 is compatible PERFORMANCE wise other then the short shifters which is anything after 10/03 Build date, so some 04's are safe some are not.. costmetics is a different story... it still a B15 n the engine is still a QR, there were few changes made... oh n in direct response to your question yes it will bolt right up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
everything from the 03-04 is compatible PERFORMANCE wise other then the short shifters which is anything after 10/03 Build date, so some 04's are safe some are not.. costmetics is a different story... it still a B15 n the engine is still a QR, there were few changes made... oh n in direct response to your question yes it will bolt right up
Thats all I need to know. Thanks for your help. Now all I have to do is determine if I want a Magnalflow or Stromung cat-back or go custom. I know there are plenty or posts on that so I can go reading.

Thanks again

Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Lo-specV With that nimso head, how does the exhaust sound?

Im thinkin about going wit a Nismo CAI Nismo Header w/o cat and Stromung Exhaust. Should be all for around $1100-$1200

Money is fine right now :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
<== has a blackout '04 with a stromung exhaust.... I lub it.
 

·
makin' money
Joined
·
387 Posts
Flyor said:
Hey Lo-specV With that nimso head, how does the exhaust sound?

Im thinkin about going wit a Nismo CAI Nismo Header w/o cat and Stromung Exhaust. Should be all for around $1100-$1200

Money is fine right now :D
It sounds Nice. I wanted something quiet. if just driving normal you don't really notice that i have I/H/E. but WOT it's some what loud. I get lots of comp. on how my setup sounds. oh, and the K&N CAI sounds Sweet ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Flyor said:
Quick question for yall! Can the 2002-2003 Stromung exhaust fit on a 2004?

Yes, I searched the forum and then maybe its a dumb question, but always better to find out now than later.
I can tell you from first hand experience that there are fitments
issues from 2002-2003 to 2004 Stromung exhaust.

One of the rear exhaust hangers are different on the 2004.
Inaddition the midpipe was also slightly changed causing it
to hit the heat shield under the car. I had both issues fixed
for $25.00 at Advance muffler in my area.

For the most part it will fit. I notified Scott at Stromung.
He said that he would look into it... about 3 months ago.

The Stromung is good quality but pricey.

I think the Greddy is quieter with a header.

I ended up having a 2nd resonator installed near the axle back
because the Stromung became very load.

That helped alot, happy now... :)


_____________________________________________________________
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for your replies. Yeah, some of my friends where I work at, say they have heard a spec w/ the stromung cat-back and it sounds nice.

I know for sure IM getting the Nismo CAI and Nismo Header. IM trying to keep the car Nismo as much as I can. No its not because of the logo, Ive loved Nismo ever since Gran Turismo came out on PlayStation!

Maybe this is another dumb question, but using VRS pipes and a Stromung muffler with a some sort of resonator. Will the sound differ from the Stromung Cat-back depending on wut size res I get?

The way I figure it should. Oh choices choice, so many choices!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
04njspecv said:
where can i get a stromung cat-back for my 04? how much do they run?
Contact Scott at Stromung.
Direct number : 1-(714) 891-3630

They are expensive, like over $500.00

Ask Scott for some type of concession.

I bought one about 3 months ago.

Another member of the forum just ordered one.

Mention Troy from Pasadena California.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Spec'd said:
Contact Scott at Stromung.
Direct number : 1-(714) 891-3630

They are expensive, like over $500.00

Ask Scott for some type of concession.

I bought one about 3 months ago.

Another member of the forum just ordered one.

Mention Troy from Pasadena California.
great! thanks troy! got any pics of your ride?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top