B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the stromung rear exhasust and something is bothereing me. the left tip of the exhaust is slightly highter than the right tip.. it is not noticable up close, but when i let a friend drive it, i look at it and it looks horible because you can tell it is lop sided from far away. is there any possible way to fix it?

G

·
Are you sure that it isn't the hangers? Check to see if the whole muffler is tilted slightly. That could be the case.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
no he is right. The left side of my exhaust is slightly higher than the right. I think the hanger is slightly off. It doesn't bother me too much. The easy fix would probably be a slightly shorter donut on the right side to pull it up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
or you could take some zip ties to the loose side maybe X them across to firm it up, that should do the trick....

-iLL

·
Registered
312 Posts
When I installed it, I noticed that Stromung's hanger was
aligned closer to a painted, hook shaped, piece of metal on
my car, than it was to the actual exhaust hanger on the car.

I actually had to torque on the muffler a bit to get the
hanger to line up with the "real" exhaust hanger on the car,
but now mine hangs perfectly straight.

Maybe you accidentally hung the rubber grommet in the wrong
place?

Just a thought.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
RadiumJohn said:
I dunno, mine hangs fine. Check the hangers or the donut for the hanger...sometimes the donut gets stretched.
I'm with RJ, mine looks alright to me. It was a real tight squeeze to put it there in the first place. All the hangers are pointing straight down. I would imagine you can adjust them, but how to secure them, I have no idea..

G

·
I installed the rubber donuts when the muffler was off the car. It made it much easier to get it secured in place.

Those hangers are pretty thick. You could try bending them, but I would avoid putting too much pressure on the welded joint. It should be solid, but you wouldn't want to accidently break it off. I think using a zip tie to alter one side or the other would work out really well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts