B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just met up with scott today and he said they'll be making 10-12 more exhausts. so whoever dont have one, i suggest u get one b4 its gone :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
How much is he going to charge for the midpipe, and muffler?

BTW, what's scott's number, so I can give him a ring a ling ling.

And are we going to get another group deal setup? Because the amount of good reviews that everyone has been giving, I may have to take advantage of this.

I am just concerned about how loud it is. I want loud, but not ricey. You know how some exhausts sound like they're going to shake the car apart? I hate that. Yet, I like the mufflers that sound loud when you push the gas, but still have a smooth growl. Does anyone have a sound file of the muffler or know how I can get a good idea of what it sounds like? If you relate it to honda, I will know what you are talking about. Greddy? Apex-i? DragonFire?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

[This message has been edited by azninvazion (edited March 29, 2001).]

G

·
Without a header, the exhaust is deep and mellow. I enjoy the sound a lot. With a header, it will get louder. I am not sure if anyone has a header with the Stromung yet though. I don't, but will soon.

Scott's # is 714-596-2237

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sweet deal!! thanks. I have one question though, as far as emissions go, i wont pass the test with this right?? and also someone mentioned that my warranty will be voided if i install a new cat-back system?? damn dude, that really sucks if it is true.

G

·
Your emissions will be in NO WAY effected by a cat-back exhaust. You are not modifying any part of the emmissions system.

Your warranty shouldn't be effected either. What problem could an exhaust possibly pose to the rest of your car?

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
Your emissions will be in NO WAY effected by a cat-back exhaust. You are not modifying any part of the emmissions system.

Your warranty shouldn't be effected either. What problem could an exhaust possibly pose to the rest of your car?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I second this notion.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with headers, its just deeper and louder... it doesnt make any noise when the car is at idle :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
anyone wanting to buy this exhaust and is sitting there skeptical about it should just stop worrying about and pick it up if you have the money.....trust me this exhaust sounds good,,,and it performs well also......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

[This message has been edited by Sentra Styling (edited March 29, 2001).]

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azninvazion:
The midpipe is 2.5" right?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's 2 and a quarter. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Now remember, this is a full bolt-on setup. No bending, tweaking, welding or grinding involved beyond getting those bolts and [email protected]#&*G rubber hangers off. If you have access to a lift, then we're talking 1 hour max. Quality build, fully closed welds, stainless, enough size to handle bolt-ons and possibly even mild turbo/nitrous, but not enough to kill off the low end/midrange. No one else even has a system ready for us yet. I've been hearing GReddy is considering making one, but talk is cheap...

Let's see, 10 or so people got it, and not a negative response from any. Kind of makes you think...

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
dude, i need a price. this is an essential to my car. i need to know how long this price stays up and what shipping would be. maybe we could get a new group buy on this if it qould help.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sr20reNaISSANce:
dude, i need a price. this is an essential to my car. i need to know how long this price stays up and what shipping would be. maybe we could get a new group buy on this if it qould help.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I paid $555, and I live in Virginia. I'll have to say again, and mimic what everyone else is saying about it, it's a great system! Sounds nice as hell, and it was easy enough for this guy (me) to install. :) I paid a little over $500 for my Greddy on my old car, and it wasn't mandrel bent over the axle! If I would have known about crush and mandrel bent piping, I would have done otherwise.

Anyway, get this system while you can. Stromung did a great job!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:
Now remember, this is a full bolt-on setup. No bending, tweaking, welding or grinding involved beyond getting those bolts and [email protected]#&*G rubber hangers off. If you have access to a lift, then we're talking 1 hour max. Quality build, fully closed welds, stainless, enough size to handle bolt-ons and possibly even mild turbo/nitrous, but not enough to kill off the low end/midrange. No one else even has a system ready for us yet. I've been hearing GReddy is considering making one, but talk is cheap...

Let's see, 10 or so people got it, and not a negative response from any. Kind of makes you think...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>A good note to add to this would be a couple of hours before your ready to install this get under there and soak down the bolts and the rubber hangers with plenty of WD-40 it helps with the hangers and bolts coming off....
Also have a jack handy to place under the cat so it doesn't get any strain on it from hanging down......

I pulled my car up on ramps and it was very easy and simple to do it that way,,,took me 20 minutes tops to do......

And I also agree everyone that has gotten the exhaust so far hasn't had a complaint and I am one of them and let me tell you I love the sound and performance of it.. You can't beat the quality at all for the price...
So anyone thinking of getting it go for it trust me and the others you'll love it :)

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Mine is getting shipped out on Monday and I paid $540. This includes the midpipe and rear section without a resonator. It is getting shipped to Michigan. Scott split the shipping so it was only $15.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on order and PRI CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
listen i am in for sure. when can you purchase it. if there is a group deal that will be even better. when would you need all hte money by. i have half right now but within two to three weeks ill have the rest. (have to pay a stupid speeding ticket of 250) someone contact me if their is a group deal.

------------------
2k Sentra GXE, auto
-added spoiler and factory foglights

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Just to let you know. I didn't buy my exhaust as part of a group deal ,but I got the same exact price. So I wouldn't worry about a group deal. Just go ahead and order it. I talked to Scott today and they have most of the second bactch done,I would order it now if you want one. He can probably keep it for you until you have the money. Talk to him ,he is really nice.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on order and PRI CAI is comming soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts