B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching for quite a while and it seems all the custom intakes that fit directly to *gasp* Si's and CRX's etc cost around $300. Why is it that we are getting charged $525 on a GROUP DEAL no less. I know there is more availability etc. for Honduhs but doesn't it seem to be a little steep at $525?? Would like yalls thoughts....

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey Ill,

Well, all I can say is that I purchased a Greddy SP Exhaust for my old Sentra, and it costed $550 installed. The Stromung Exhaust is stainless steel, not made cheaply, and specifically to our cars. Most other exhausts for Honda are pretty cheap, just because the aftermarket is so wide open for them, not for us. What do you all think?

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
JCC
1,129 Posts
yeah, the price of 550 is not that bad for a custom made exhaust especifically for our cars, I just hope I can still get one when I order next week.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:
If you did research some more you would find that the price of the stromung is typical for a stainless steel cat-back exhaust...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can relate to this I have done a good search for a stainless steel exhaust and they did range about the price we paid,,,and some of them didn't include the price to have it put on to our cars......with Stromung it's a direct fit that bolts on in about 30 minutes or so without a single worry....I feel I didn't get over priced at all

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
JCC
1,129 Posts
yeah you guys didnt, it seems like a really good exhaust, do any of you know about how much hp should be expected from it and how much backpressure is put on by the exhaust? thanks

G

·
We will find out soon!

Judging by the crappy stock muffler, I'd say that we should be able to pick up several HP on the top end. What this is really going to do for us is pave the way for mods down the road (headers, cams, ect. ect.)

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hey all you sentra owners...........What do ya'll do when you go to the stealership (if you have a warranty)? Especially if you have a cat-back or something?

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yo ill,
Are you buggin? What cat back exhausts even for Hondas cost like $300? Maybe the Brospeed one which is made of aluminum foil and will rust out in like a year. The Greddys, DC Sport, Tanabe, HKS, APEX-i, RSR, etc all go for like $450 and up. And the only one that is fully stainless is the DC Sport which normally goes for like $550. The Stromung is not a great deal but if you think about it, they're going out on a limb for us and we don't have any other options in terms of cat back exhaust systems so it is not such a bad deal.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hokemon:
Hey all you sentra owners...........What do ya'll do when you go to the stealership (if you have a warranty)? Especially if you have a cat-back or something?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good god man, how many times can we cover the warranty thing. Its just an exhaust, anyway the dealer has to prove the modification caused a malfunction b4 voiding the warranty.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

G

·
I am thinking about adding the warranty post to my signature. haha.

------------------
MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks....I think??? I only asked because I figured that a dealership could always give you **** about your mod when you are utilizing your warranty and probably every time you pull into their shop and your car is screaming!!! I know I take off my intake every time!

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

G

·
The intake would be a good thing to take off.

I think you can look at it this way. The combustion process is a series of steps. The intake is the very first step in the process. It effects, to a certain extent, every other step in the process. The exhaust is the last step in the process. It doesn't directly effect any of the previous steps in the process. Yes, a more effecient exhaust will increase HP, but it doesn't alter the actual combustion process itself. Injesting water into the intake WILL directly, and negatively effect the combustion process.

There is no telling what your dealer may say. They are known for not liking aftermarket parts. However, as a consumer, we have the law on our sides. It is very specific about what a dealer can and cannot do regarding your warranty. In a nutshell, the dealer has to prove that the aftermarket part caused the malfunction. Now, I don't know exactly what you are worried about, but your exhaust isn't going to be attributed to an electrical problem....or any other drivetrain problem for that matter.

------------------
MODS:
------

·
JCC
1,129 Posts
damn that was better put than I could have ever put it myself, plus if your car has no problems and you are just there for an oil change or something, I got the service plan with my car; I am pretty sure they're not going to say "sorry that product is installed therefore we cannot change your oil since you have voided your warranty" hmmmm if I am wrong call me silly and slap me up

·
Registered
747 Posts
THANKS MAXX! So I'll continue to remove it!

------------------

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sorry to beat a dead horse fellas, but I just casually talk with my service manager at my dealership about it, and he was very cool about the whole thing. I'm not going to plot against them or anything, they take really good care of my car! Most of my problems they have fixed were on the warranty, but nothing that had to do with the engine, drivetrain or transmission (crosses his fingers). I'm thinking that all these bolt ons aren't doing a thing to hurt your car, but actually making an improvement on stock pieces. Most of the bigger mods aren't coming till the warranty runs out anyways, just nice to have the bolt ons first.
Sorry, I'll stop my soapbox.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just curious about the stromung exhaust. Cost is approx $550. how much is the shipping on top of the 550? Also is it hard to pick up an exhaust for a 2001 Sentra SE 2.0?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
JRSENTRA said:
Just curious about the stromung exhaust. Cost is approx $550. how much is the shipping on top of the 550? Also is it hard to pick up an exhaust for a 2001 Sentra SE 2.0?
Wow, what a dead thread!!!!! I would definitely give Scott at Stromung a call to get the best deal: (714) 596-2237. Tell him Marvin sent you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts