B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok it's been a few days for everyone who installed thier exhaust and driven around with it,,,,what I want to know is how is everyone enjoying it??????

I love it both sound and performance wise,,,,My neighbor hates it,he says when i hit the remote starter that's all he hears,,,OH WELL

But how does everyone else stand on this????

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

G

·
I love mine. I've got about 500 miles on it so far. The only strange thing is that mine is very temperature sensitive. It is pretty quiet until it gets to operating temp. I love the sound though. I don't play the stereo half as loud as I used to. hehe. I can't wait to get the intake on now. The combination of sound will be great.

The performance is nice. That midrange boost is very noticeable on the freeway.

My car is scheduled to go on the dyno this sunday (march 25th.) I'll post my results to let you guys know whats up.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Hotshot CAI

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm loving mine. I have to say that mine functions more like Maxximtl's. Its rather quiet until i've been driving it a bit. It's a little louder at idle but nothing that would really turn heads.
Of course I will really be happy when my replacement midpipe arrives and my muffler finally will be centered where its supposed to be.

Enjoy everyone!

------------------
2001 Blackout SE w/ PP, sunroof, debadged, Stromung exhaust, more to come...

G

·
So Scott is replacing the midpipe for you? That's cool. It will be nice to have everything right.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Hotshot CAI

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, he gave me a call back, had me describe the situation again and he said immediately he would send me out a new pipe. I would then send him the old pipe and he would handle the insurance claim with UPS. I didn't think Stromung would let something like that get through a QC, but I didn't really think UPS could really mishandle the pipe badly enough to damage it! Guess again. Hell they threw my brother's wheels from the back of the truck onto the ground until he came out and they saw he was watching. That's just messed up. I hate to imagine what the packages go through in warehouses. Well hopefully the new pipe gets to me in better condition.

------------------
2001 Blackout SE w/ PP, sunroof, debadged, Stromung exhaust, more to come...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey nitelife it wouldn't be surprised that UPS meesed it up....I used to work for UPS a few years ago and I've seen the way they handle the stuff and trust i'm not very happy about ordering stuff and getting it shipped but I have no alternative......

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also agree about the sound difference getting a little louder but it still sounds great though it says hey i got an aftermarket exhaust on.....i love that nice deep throaty roar it makes and i also love the pep it gave me especially like maxx said..

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
446 Posts
I installed mine and I L000ve it, I took a 1 1/2 hr trip both ways twice over the past week and was not bothered by it at all. Anyone else notice that they are running rich on the fuel i.e. exhaust remnants in pipe are black! Without a air/fuel regulator can I even this out? Thinking about dropping the car as soon as some shocks get out, that is unless it can be vouched that the shocks won't break and I don't get SOL! LMK!

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered
816 Posts
I like the extra power but not the extra noise. I would like a more refined sound (kinda like a Greddy or DC Sport exhaust) so I plan on adding a resonator. With the CAI, the car really hauls. I can't wait until the headers come. Now if only I can pass smog.... hmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone else notice the increase in miles per gallon????

I've noticed about a 5-6 mile increase,,anyone else????

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
605 Posts
more air, more oxygen, more explosion, less fuel needed. My theory.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
still waiting on my midpipe, should be here soon though because he was going to ship it Monday and I live way over here in TN.later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've noticed my MPG going down. Everytime I mod my cars, the MPG goes down. But then again, it could be cuz I LOVE to hear that growl from the CAI and the rumble from the exhaust :) could THAT be affecting the mileage? hmmmmmm :)

Oh, and about the Stromung, I ordered the resonator from Scott. He said that he had a resonated midpipe in stock but I threw my stock one away so I can't ship him mine to exchange it so he's gonna send me just the stainless resonator and I'm gonna get it welded by a muffler shop out here in MA. I'll let you guys know how it sounds. Man, doing business with Scott at Stromung is so nice and easy.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadiumJohn:
I've noticed my MPG going down. Everytime I mod my cars, the MPG goes down. But then again, it could be cuz I LOVE to hear that growl from the CAI and the rumble from the exhaust :) could THAT be affecting the mileage? hmmmmmm :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup that damned heavy foot syndrome it gets ya everytime :)

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

1 - 14 of 14 Posts