B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the holes in the door for the speakers aren't really threaded like an actual nut would be, but I was tightening my speaker down the other day, and I guess I went to far and the bolt just popped back out, and now I can't really get it to tighten down all the way, what's a way to fix this?

·
Registered
631 Posts
pugnex said:
I know the holes in the door for the speakers aren't really threaded like an actual nut would be, but I was tightening my speaker down the other day, and I guess I went to far and the bolt just popped back out, and now I can't really get it to tighten down all the way, what's a way to fix this?
mine did that too. you need bigger/wider sheet metal screws. the threads at the top of the screw are probably bent / stripped

thats why i used bolts for my spacers. 1.25in bolts, fed in through the inside, the the nut on the outside. then, just screw the speaker back into the spacer

problem solved.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jasper said:
mine did that too. you need bigger/wider sheet metal screws. the threads at the top of the screw are probably bent / stripped

thats why i used bolts for my spacers. 1.25in bolts, fed in through the inside, the the nut on the outside. then, just screw the speaker back into the spacer

problem solved.
Duh......lol. :( Why didn't I think of that.

·
Registered
631 Posts
pugnex said:
Duh......lol. :( Why didn't I think of that.

i hate the fact that i can never tell if you're kidding or not

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I did the same thing, I used to use normal bolts just screwed into the sheet metal but that blew donkey nuts. I ended up getting 1/4" bolts/washers/nuts and bolting it to the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts