B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
yeah..heard of it too...you better check...gudluck.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
MiniSkyline said:
Anyone know how I can get a stripped header bolt off? I heard sears has some kind of craftsman tool that will??
Tap the threads to reuse it, otherwise, you'll have to get it drilled or machined out. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
is it stripped ie there is still a nub sticking out, or did you shear it off? if it stripped you might be able to use ViceGrip's to grab it and slow reverse it out. If it's sheared right off.... I would think your safest bet is to bring it to a shop and get it drilled out. Probably the fastest too. They might even have a replacement bolt that would fit. Good luck

-Chuck

·
Registered
667 Posts
Unfortunately, I bought that Sears Craftsman tool for the same purpose, only the sizes that it came with did not fit the header bolt. So, here's what you do.... take a propane torch, and get that bolt really hot. Using a sharp chisel and a hammer, whack that thing once or twice in the loosen direction. This should unsieze the bolt from the stud. Then you may need to hammer on a socket (preferrably an impact socket) onto the nut. Using a breaker bar with a large extension, give a quick yank to really release the nut. You should be able to remove the nut with a ratchet after this.

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
1,073 Posts
then you order aebs head-stud kit.

have a nice day.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just get a size smaller socket and hammer that sucker on there. If you have too just go one more size smaller. Thats what I did. Came off after.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Then use a ratchet. Worked perfect for me. The righter most one was the one on mine. My friend is a mechanic and he told me to do this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts