B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I read somewhere that California was going to start doing something different to mods for street cars. Instead of purchasing something that is "CARB" certified, all you would have to do instead is take it in and get whatever you have on your car certified. For example, you have the Stromung Exhaust System. We all know that emissions-wise, this system is safe and as efficent as stock. All someone would have to do is take that in with your car, let them run tests, and get a "number" to make your exhaust legal. Has anyone else heard of this? Do you all think this could happen?

I think that would be great for something like this to happen, for everyone out there that wants to customize, and still be street legal. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would have to agree it would sound like it's a very good idea and would save alot of aggrivation on people that live in cali....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
100 Posts
Where'd you hear that? That would be really cool, it would make installing mods a LOT easier. In essence, you could run a header and all the goodies, and as long as you had the emissions equipment installed and functional and you passed sniffer, everything would be cool.

Let us know if that's legit.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts