B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna be running about 1200-1300rms in total (one amp) and I'm currently running 4awg wire. I know 4awg will handle it but I want to step it up a notch. I went out and priced 2awg and 0/1awg and it bloody expensive. Instead of replacing the 4awg wire I have now, could I just run two side-by-side 4awg wires? Meaning connecting them to the battery with different ring terminals, and the connecting both them at the amp to +. Would I be gaining anything out of this? B/c I really don't feel like spending $5-7/ft. for 0/1awg wire.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
yes you could do that, if you could fit both of the 4awg terminals on the amp without hitting anything else. 2 4awg will be equivalent to a single 1awg wire (not 1/0, 1) in current capability, resistance, etc.

You can also find 1/0 for $1.10/ft for welding cable (it's good stuff, I have some) or $2.25/ft for audio cable (also good stuff, I have some ;))
www.weldingsupply.com
www.knukonceptz.com

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
If I can get rid of my 800.2, I'll be looking to sell my 0/1ga setup. knukonceptz fuse holder, knukonceptz digital distro block, knukonceptz 4ga & 8ga ground wires & 0/1 welding cable... shipping might be tough, but the g/f gets a steep discount.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DevlynSyde said:
If I can get rid of my 800.2, I'll be looking to sell my 0/1ga setup. knukonceptz fuse holder, knukonceptz digital distro block, knukonceptz 4ga & 8ga ground wires & 0/1 welding cable... shipping might be tough, but the g/f gets a steep discount.
send me a PM when you want to sell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts