B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two strange things have happened with the car the last 3 days. First thing, I go to someones house get out of the car and didnt lock it, when i return to the car i start it up and turn around to back up, I see these weird looking white lights, then I realize the trunk was open, now why didnt it register as a door open on my dash? So I assume this happened when the car was parked because I believe it can't open when the car is in gear. Now the second and possibly related issue is this, I'm sitting in my house and my car alarm goes off, this has never happened before, so I run out there with my chrome plated 44 (just joking) and the car is fine and no one is around. So the alarm falsed. here is what I think is happening, maybe the trunk is releasing itself for no reason and setting off the alarm. And does anyone know what it takes to set off the alarm, is it just when the door is unlocked without the key and opened?

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
The trunk lid is a piece of crap. It really seems to require a hard slam. I have not closed mine properly a couple of times already.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, but I haven't opened my trunk in months

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I haven't experienced this but I know that a few times I've put the keys in my pocket after setting the alarm and started to walk away and hear the trunk open so i figured out that it was a key pressing the trunk button on the remote.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in my hands ready to be put on)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
119 Posts
What is happening is you are pushing the buttons when the remote is in your pocket. For this reason I manually locked my trunk so it only opens with the key. It kind of sucks because it would be nice to open it with remote but I can't risk accidently popping my trunk and not knowing about it. About that trunk that is hard to close, that is adjustable. You can make it easier to shut but that just means it won't be as tightly sealed (another trade-off).

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I have not had this happen. Maybe you should have the car checked at the dealership, maybe an adjustment could be made to the latch mechicism?

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
347 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
I haven't experienced this but I know that a few times I've put the keys in my pocket after setting the alarm and started to walk away and hear the trunk open so i figured out that it was a key pressing the trunk button on the remote.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no offence but how tight are you pants?

------------------
2001 GXE
from a i4.0 to a 1.8?
oh well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts