B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the issue. A buddy and I have 04 Spec V's with standard brakes (even the same color) but for the first time today we swaped cars just to test a theory. I have always thought that my car torque steered like crazy because when I am at crusing speed my car will pull to the left and when I life off the gas it pulls back to the right. When I am at crusing speed and push the clutch in it pulls perfectly straight. I have always thought it to be torque steer. So I get in my buddies car. . . . . NOT AT ALL THE SAME!! His car only torque steers at WOT and really only going into or out of turns! We have the same tires and both cars are completely stock!! So my car is going into the dealership monday (I had it in 3 weeks ago and they checked the allignment, Everthing checked good) and I am not sure what to say. "Hey I drove another one of these things and it does not do the same thing??" What do you all think, have you heard of this before? Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no, they just told me that the toe was off and that it was set back to factory specs. The pulling left under acceleration and pulling right under deceleration issue occurred from day one of having the car so I do not think it has much to do with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I could ask but I am not sure how that will help. With the car out of gear and just rolling at highway speed it does not pull to either side so to me that is a drive train issue. Maybe I am way off but I was thinking it was a differential issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the exact same thing that happens to my car at highway speeds. Putting on the cruise to be at a constant speed greatly minimizes this effect, but why would I use cruise? I thought the same thing that you did with the torque steer in the car. When you find out I would be very intersted to know what the solution was. You can send me a PM here or hit me up at [email protected]

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hmm my 01 SE/PP does the same thing. I acually just got used to it. Im going to get it all aligned and what not when i go to get my new tires. It mostly did the pulling when i would get hard into it off the line. l think its because i have the VLSD and what not. But i dont ever recall it pulling while driving at cruiseing speed. Ill find out though gatta still drive home from work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Same exact issue. I took it to the dealer and they did the same thing and it was still doing that. So uhh lucky me almost hit a deer, ran off the rad, and ended up on railroad tracks. Blew a tire and bent a rim (had to get a new one). I also knocked it way off alignment. Since my conti was unfixable I got 4 new Kumho ASX tires, had them mounted, balanced, car realigned and uhh it drives pretty much straight now no matter how much I am accelerating. Now this is probably the bad way to go about fixing this but I think it might be maybe your tires and the dealer might not have done as good of an alignment job the first time (if they did anything at all).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jalm111!! Sorry about the accident!! Ouch!!! Well I am going to be switching tires in November to Pirelli P-zero Nero’s so I guess I will just have the alignment redone again and see if the tires take care of it. I was thinking I might rotate the tires tonight and see if it helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yea tires could be the thing. Im running BFG G-Force Sports 205/50 ZR-16s and like i said only really pull off the line.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks, I'm glad it's all ok now and that I didn't bend the control arm. 800 bucks total for everything but these tires are great so far. The neros are far superior than my kumhos I'm sure, I'm pretty sure they'll fix your problem too. Let me know if alignment and tires fixes that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
UPDATE!!! I just rotated my Conti's (front to back, back to front, no rear cross to front) PROBLEM SOLVED!!! SO weird, I have never had tires do anything quite like that before. Thanks every for all your suggestions!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am in the far northwest burb, Crystal Lake, Lake in the Hills area. But I live out in the middle of no-where between Woodstock and Marengo.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i had that same problem, but my car would veer to the right everytime. I purchased 4 new tires Kumho 711s and the problem was eliminated. I also found out that I have negative camber and a bent rim. The stock contis that were on before had bad wear and there were 2 nails in the front driver side tire and 1 nail in the front passenger side tire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts