B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know I was involved in a fender bender recently and got my car into the seemingly respectable body shop LAST tuesday here's the timeline of events:

4/13: Take to Premier Caliper & Paint to schedule service told to come back tuesday when all parts would be in and they would be ready for me.

4/17(tuesday): Drop car off at 7:30am, call later that day after school and talk to Ken, he says all parts are in should be done soon.

4/18: Need to get wallet out of car, go in and the car hasn't been touched, check for status, PARTS ARE STILL ON ORDER! (still cool)

4/20: Give good ole' Ken a call tells me to call back on Monday should have better estimate of time. He also mentions that they needed some other parts for bumper like clips etc.. small stuff total work time has gone from 16hrs to 22hrs. (getting pissed)

4/23: Call Ken at 1:15, he is too busy leave message to call back. Call back Ken at 2:45 still too busy, told he will call me. Jeff calls me at 4:45 telling me everything is painted and will be reassembled and should be done the following day (tuesday). Jeff is really nice and polite about everything.

4/24(Day of Supposed completion): Call after school @ 2:30, they say that they are just putting the Nissan emblem on the grille and that I can come and pick it up.

(TANGENT) WARNING!!
so yesterday I help my bro change his oil, normal routine, i hand him a wrench to tighten the oil pan bolt, he says its tight i think nothing of it. MISTAKE! So I'm with him getting onto the highway enroute to get my car and all of the sudden his oil light starts flashing sporadically, then it just stays on. I immediately think he didnt tighten it. So I make it home luckily, and I was right cept there was no drain plug there! It apparently fell of while driving , there was oil all over the underside of the passenger side. HE IS SO LUCKY HIS PISTONS DIDN'T SEIZE IN THE ENGINE. So tomorrow i go and get the replacement as well as some oil.
(END OF TANGENT)

4/24: I pick up car, it is very clean, I give fingernail test to make sure paint is baked right it passed. In rush to get to work.....sign the papers fork over my 500 dollare deductible and I'm out. Get to work decide to go over the front to see whats up. There are little blemishs EVERYWHERE on the corners, there are some spots that are rough etc. I got so pissed so I walk into work and work for 3 hrs come out on my brake and walk to my car to also notice that they apparently tried to blend the clear coats together and I can see where they tried...it looks really bad to me. I get even more pissed. I get home and take a blue dry erase marker and mark every single blemish I can see on the car as well as mess-ups. On both lamps they are incorrectly installed so there is a VERY noticeable gap from where it should be. I honestly can't see how they could do this to me, like *I* wouldn't notice!

So all this just because this bodyshop got lazy and tried to phuck me over! If I was some not caring female (no offense to Nismogirl or Chrissy or females) that didn't take pride in their cars, then I wouldn't notice it. But I love my car and want it perfect so I am taking it back tomorrow morning to take it up with them. I am demanding the job be redone right and that they also pay for a rental car while my car is in there. I think those are two very reasonable requests don't yall? What advice would you give me? Sorry about the novel........just extremely mad!

-iLL
*poor sentra*

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package-Place Racing CAI- Stromung Full Cat-back- Custom Grille-Pioneer DEHP 7300 + 4x TS-1675's-
[email protected] mph

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
My girlfriend had this happen with her car recently.

First, you mention a deductible. I assume this means you had some sort of insurance. You need to call your agent immediately and stress how poor the workmanship is. They are not paying alot of money for shoddy work.
They have some pull.

Then, call the bodyshop and speak to the shop manager. Explain that your not happy, why you specifically aren't happy, and neither is your insurance company.

This is what I did for her car, and the 2nd time it was fixed right, without hassle.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I deffiently don't blame for wanting them to re-do it I would do the same as you and I think that they Phucked the job so they should at least provide a rental for ya....

But good luck and keep us posted on what they said and what not......

Also you should also let your Insurance company know about this seeing they also dished out some cash for this and they will help back you up on getting the problem resolved.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4/25: Take car back to bodyshop and talk to the guy in charge of my car George and the Paint Shop Manager Jeff. Jeff first gets all defensive like I am criticizing his work, which he should because I am. First he says that clear coat just tends to buil-up even on a flat surface and there is not much he can do about that. He uses the example that his truck (FORD) from the factory has flaws in it, there is no such thing as a perfect paint job. I resisted from commenting on the make of his truck. The other guy George states that there is no way that a bodyshop can do a perfect job. "Nissan has millions of dollars to build robots that do the painting for them" I then proceed to show all the blemishes. Jeff says that he will be able to buff "90%" of them out. I was thinking "so why wasn't this done before I got my car back from the 5 days wait?" I show him some stuff like the misaligned headlights and he agrees they can be fixed, and I also show him some blemishes that you cannot feel on the surface. He says "well, we might just have to repaint it then" So in the end they told me to come back MONDAY to get everything fixed. I really wanted my car for the car show this weekend so I didn't fight that too much. So I will keep all of you posted as to what happens monday and the following week.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package-Place Racing CAI- Stromung Full Cat-back- Custom Grille-Pioneer DEHP 7300 + 4x TS-1675's-
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why didnt you take your car to the dealer if the insurance is paying ? ! They give you a life time warrenty..I would NEVER take my new car to a "regular" body shop. They do cheesy work and can not offer you a warrenty.

Keep us posted on how this works out in the end.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Damn ILL. Sounds like the three ring circus I went through when I tried to get my Stillen spoiler painted. Keep us posted on what happens.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE
Yes, I used to drive a Honda. Yes, I still like Hondas. Got a problem?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Man, I feel for you, had a similar actually several similar experiences over the years with my 94 s-er. Without going into lengthy details, after one accident that caused 7600 dollars worth of damage, after a month and a half went back to pick up my car they said everything was ready. I climbed in the car, there was a crack straight down the center of the windshield, and I could of written my name in the dust on the dash. Total nonsense. I raised hell finally got it done right. This was at the dealership also. You got to watch those guys like a hawk. Adios Amigos

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts