B15 Sentra Forum banner

StopTech Stainless Steel Lines

929 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Sunburst03 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered my StopTech SS lines last night from My Nismo.......i'll probably install these when i get them even if my rotors and pads haven't come in yet......that way i can give a review of the SS lines alone

Late,
Daniel

#4 ·
One thing....when you install them, be careful to not run them through the stock mounting clip ( i.e. put them in the same way you took out the stock) that is connected right next to the caliper (these are not the snap on clips that . This small turn around bracket will leave the line exposed when the tires turn to come in contact with another bracket contected to the axle....this will wear through the line in a few hours. Depenedent on whether there are instructions to this degree (there weren't any when I received mine), just make sure to install them the same as stock except for that very first bracket. If you need any more detailed info, call me at the shop (419-474-7992: ask for Jordan) or pm me.

Laters

#5 ·
Thanx Jordan........appreciate the tips......so when i remove the stock brake lines and the 2 clips.......only install the second clip?......its been so long since i've even paid any attention to the brake line mounting brackets

Late,
Daniel

#6 · (Edited)
BTW, I had these on my (now dead) B15 and loved them.
I had the front and rear kits. They installed in a jiffy and kept my pedal nice and hard... providing I didint toast my Hawk HP+'s which I was doing in no time... I guess it was time for Hawk Blues :D

http://www.spicez.com/img/parts/sslineb.JPG
Never mind the rust, I live in Quebec.

#7 ·
It not really a clip....if you look, at the point where the line comes off of the caliper, there is a tiny turn about that is only useful with the stock rubber hoses because of their length...the stainless lines are a little longer and will rub if they are bent to fit in that little braket...the other to main snap clips (on the shock and then on the rear wall) are not to be ignored....just run the line through those like usual.

#9 ·
SpIcEz said:
Im not sure if it'll help, but I posted a link below the picture in my other post, it links to a bigger picture of the line installed, might be able to see the clips better... but not much.
Been thinking about SS lines for a while, thanks for the pic, I can see wtf you guys are talking about now :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.