B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I was just wondering if I'M gonna make the move for a new muffler, since the OEM gives us an extra 5hp... I don't want to run a muffler that is too loud since my girlfriend is using my car sometimes...and my neighbour don't like noise!

And is ti worth the trouble for the extra ooomph???

Thanks!

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter
Racing pedals

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well it all depends if your gonna keep adding perfomance mods then i'd say go for it cause everything adds up.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
119 Posts
Actually, the stock muffler is extremely good for stock. I wouldn't count on much by swapping out just the muffler. If you are considering a muffler. I would save up a few more bucks for a full cat-back exhaust. Like Gene said, if you plan on doing other mods, having a full length performance mods will only make those other mods better. But, if you just want sound and looks, whatever.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
especially if your gonna do some sort of an intake the cat-back exhaust just compliments it nicely.....

For example if you go out for a jog around the block and you hold your hand over your mouth(like stock exhaust and intake) your not gonna get alot of air and your not gonna release the air that freely now if you remove your hand(aftermarket exhaust and intake)your gonna breathe alot better and your gonna get more power.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice Analogy Gene!

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Registered
605 Posts
or... Would you rather have a straw to breath through or a 3" PVC pipe?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts