B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any problems from those of you who have lowered your car and the stillen spoilerette scraping on anything?

just curious.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
None this far......:)

·
Registered
605 Posts
How far off the ground of the spoilerette with the eibach springs? Measurements would be helpful....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
azninvazion said:
How far off the ground of the spoilerette with the eibach springs? Measurements would be helpful....
Roughly 6 1/2 inches from the ground....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are there any other springs packages that lower the car any further. 1.5" is kinda weak, leaving just a little gap between the tire and the wheel well. Because 6.5" seems like there is more than enough room to lower the car another inch or so. So are there any other manufacturers besides eibach doing springs esp. for the sentra?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
RapierTL said:
Are there any other springs packages that lower the car any further. 1.5" is kinda weak, leaving just a little gap between the tire and the wheel well. Because 6.5" seems like there is more than enough room to lower the car another inch or so. So are there any other manufacturers besides eibach doing springs esp. for the sentra?
Well an inch an a half is fine,,,especially once the springs start settling in and what not,,,,plus if you go any lower it'll run you into alot more problems,,,such as camber and bottoming out....an 1 1/2 is good it gets rid of the wheel well gap very nicely.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Sentra Styling (and others), which Eibach springs do you have? There are two types right? I looked at your pics and was curious. Great looking ride!

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eibach's have pro kits and sportlines. pro kits drop less and have a progressive rate. sportlines have a linear rate and drop more.

i believe they are using the sportlines.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ouch! I don't know much about this stuff. What would be the difference between the two rates in terms of handling and ride? I can keep my present shocks right?

·
Registered
446 Posts
personally I have the sportlines installed and love them...the only difference that I can see between the progressive and linear spring rate is maybe a little less sway with the progs because thats what they are designed for ? I love having no wheel gap too...I think the sportline drop is perfect.

·
Registered
623 Posts
progressive rate means that when the spring gets compressed, it gets the rates get higher. linear means that the rates r the same.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok thanks.

I would consider the Sportlines but here in Montreal, the winter season can be a little bad and I wouldn't want to become a snowplow. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts