B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my Stillen front lip spoiler, and my roof mount Fuba antenna... Getting everything installed, shaved and painted next week (new upper/lower grill, too). Will definitely have pics.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of the family owns a body/paint shop, so I get really low rates (like when I rear-ended that z28 Camaro, and it ended up costing only $700 Cdn to fix a $2000 job). He quoted me $400 to do the antenna reposition, so I'm thinking about $6-700 (about $450 US) for the whole thing. He is also going to fix the small knicks and bruises that were put in my bumper in the accident.

·
Car Noob
2017 VW Golf R
1,827 Posts
Yea, I don't like the placement of the antenna, either. I wish they would have taken's Honda's cue and embed it in their rear window along with the defoger wires. I thought that was pretty neat, and should be used in cars that look sleek, if not on all cars.

Case in point, the Toyota Celica has their antenna in the back. Considering how much Toyota got it to look sleek, short and fast, it gets ruined with an antenna sticking out from the back... and that's how I feel about the Sentra.

My $0.02

·
Car Noob
2017 VW Golf R
1,827 Posts
Antenna mods?

True... what did you about the antenna opening left by Nissan? :)

BTW, I'm not thinking about relocating my antenna yet... if I do, I'd like it to go around my windshield (so no one can see it and easier to wire than the rearview window).

Instead, I was thinking more of just shortining it. Is there any antennas out there that would fit where the stock antenna goes? I've taken it off before, it just screws on. Also, would it affect reception? SJ gets pretty bad reception as is, since most stations are in SF (about 45 mi).

Thanks.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Jesse Jericho said:
A friend of the family owns a body/paint shop, so I get really low rates (like when I rear-ended that z28 Camaro, and it ended up costing only $700 Cdn to fix a $2000 job). He quoted me $400 to do the antenna reposition, so I'm thinking about $6-700 (about $450 US) for the whole thing. He is also going to fix the small knicks and bruises that were put in my bumper in the accident.
$400 to do the antenna?!? Does that include shaving the hole and painting it? It better... cuz I got my Fuba put on for like $30 (didn't shave the hole yet) if I'm not mistaken... and I thought that was expensive.

I'm anxious to see your new upper and lower grille though. Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The hole is going to be welded shut. They do awesome work at this place. For that price (around $700 Cdn), the front bumper will be modified (the plastic grill in the bottom shaved out), two grills installed, painted. There is also some damage on the bumper that will be fixed. The antenna hole in the fender welded and painted. The Fuba installed, and the Stillen spoiler painted and installed.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
naddie said:
Yea, I don't like the placement of the antenna, either. I wish they would have taken's Honda's cue and embed it in their rear window along with the defoger wires. I thought that was pretty neat, and should be used in cars that look sleek, if not on all cars.

Case in point, the Toyota Celica has their antenna in the back. Considering how much Toyota got it to look sleek, short and fast, it gets ruined with an antenna sticking out from the back... and that's how I feel about the Sentra.

My $0.02
The problem I would have with embedding the antenna in the back window would be loss of signal strenght because of window tinting. The meticallized Llumar tinting I have does have an impact on the keyless entry system's usable distance.

Personally, what I'm hoping to do get is a power antenna.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Jesse Jericho said:
The hole is going to be welded shut. They do awesome work at this place. For that price (around $700 Cdn), the front bumper will be modified (the plastic grill in the bottom shaved out), two grills installed, painted. There is also some damage on the bumper that will be fixed. The antenna hole in the fender welded and painted. The Fuba installed, and the Stillen spoiler painted and installed.
Oh... wow! I didn't know the price included all that! You're getting a hell of a deal man! Wish I had body hookups like that. Let's see those pics when all the work is done! :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
photochop

Check this out. The top picture is with upper/lower grills, and the spoiler fiberglassed (smoothed) onto the bumper. The bottom is with just the upper grill, and the spoiler on by itself.

What do you guys think? Should I go all out and do the top? If the image isn't working, let me know (it looks like it is in the preview).

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I think it's gonna look good....The SEMA car has the same setup but minus the stillen spoilers.....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Opppssss sorry the pictures so big :eek:

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Y2K SE said:
Personally, what I'm hoping to do get is a power antenna.
Good call man. I think that would be a great idea, especially since I don't use my radio all the time, so I don't need the antenna out. I'm also with Gene, I think I'll look tight after it's done. I was thinking about shaving the bottom front bumper too and replace it with some of the gutterguard or some other type of grill look.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, that looks awesome, thanks for the pic, SS. What is that intercooler doing in there?? Isn't an intercooler only used for turbo setups?

G

·
That picture is of the SEMA car. It is turbocharged. There are some more pics of it on this site. Its a pretty awesome car. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Original Mr Sentra said:

Good call man. I think that would be a great idea, especially since I don't use my radio all the time, so I don't need the antenna out. I'm also with Gene, I think I'll look tight after it's done. I was thinking about shaving the bottom front bumper too and replace it with some of the gutterguard or some other type of grill look.
Wouldn't it be sooooo nice to lower the antenna and be able to clean the car!?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats what I'm going to be doing (both grills + smooth the spoiler into the bumper), should be done within 2 weeks. I'll have some before/after pics as soon as its done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts