B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
B15Sentra.net Hater
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has tried it out yet and if it really produces the 8-15 HP it claims on import parts plus. Also, wondering if a 16 year old kid (me) and his 18 year old brother could install it while their parents went to florida (I'm not allowed to modify it because of speeding tickets)...neither of us have ever modified the engines on our nissan's and dont know how well we'll do. One more thing...will my dad be able to hear it/notice?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE 5spd Black
1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 5spd Black

·
Registered
605 Posts
if he looks under the hood and know that a 4-banger usually has an airbox and not a popcone, he will notice. If he dosen't know the difference, then he won't. Most likely the piping for the intake will be a different color than the engine bay and will therefore stand out.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
and theres no way in hell hes not going to hear it. That Sh*T is too loud to go unnoticed.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*"]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?d&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.src=ph]*myb15*[/URL][/url]

·
Registered
124 Posts
No way, the pop charger and stillen intake add probably about 4 to 5 horse. The place racing and hotshot CAI's add 8 to 10 hp.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
It's very easy to install,,,but if your worried about your dad noticing and hearing it ,,,forget about getting one....cause as soon as your dad steps on the gas hard he'll hear that sweet growl.....and then he'll look under the hood and see a K&N perched there and then i'm sure he'll kick your ***

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Yeah, you guys could install it, they are easy. But if your Dad drives it, then he would definitely hear it!! As soon as you start it you can hear it sucking, and if he goes over 3.5-4K RPM then he will really start to hear it! Hell, but maybe he will like it! And Aznin, there is no piping included with a Stillen hi flow or JWT POP, it just bolts up to the MAF.later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Serendipitous:
How much does the Hotshot CAI or other good CAI's cost? And is it 8-15hp at the wheels?
I'm Cracka's brother, by the way, and I was thinking about putting one (or a catback exhaust) on my '99 Maxima 5 spd. Thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
they run anywhere from $150-200...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts