B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Nissan has replaced the whole radio (static problem - see thread below), and the static appears to have gone. Good news. Now the next fun thing. I live near Baltimore and it's been hot! last few days. On way home from work the day radio replaced: CD player and radio at high volume cuts out, and at one point actually shut down. The CD when removed is almost too hot to hold. At low volume, no issues. This morning (cool out) hi / low volume - no issues. QUESTION - any of you folks that live south see this problem? I bought the car in October and this has been the highest heat the car has seen and it just happens to line up with the new radio. I usually drive with all windows and roof open so hi volume is a must.

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have noticed the same thing with the radio/CD. The radio must have very poor ventilation behind it. I drove on an 18 hour driving trip (in the winter) but having the headlights on and the heat running it got so hot I saw the same thing happen. It would skip and then just give out completely. I have also seen it now that it's in the 80s-90s here. Sometimes, as soon as I get in the car it starts skipping. It doesn't seem to be anything that can be fixed though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts