B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in a Pioneer DEH-P4100 head unit (22x4 rms/45x4 max), also has two sets of pre-amp outs for future upgrades.

I also put in some Pioneer 3 way 6.5's in the rear deck.

Excellent improvement. The next step will be something in the doors . . . any suggestions? I was thinking of using separates and replacing the tweeters in the pillars, and putting the other speakers in the doors. Or buying the separates and putting the tweeters in the pillars, the separate speaker(woofer?) in the rear deck, and moving the new three ways up to the doors.

Come on folks, I need ideas
. . . I'll finish these speaker upgrades, then do something about the sub later.

E

------------------

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah . . . almost forgot . . . I've got an extra dash kit and wiring harness coming (I ordered one, and then found one locally, so I used the local one so I could do the install today, sooooo I'll have one here by Tuesday if anyone needs it.)

If you need it let me know, I'll sell it for what I paid for it plus whatever it costs to ship to you. I think it's around $25 total cost to me, and then whatever the shipping is.

------------------

·
Registered
841 Posts
Get your amp. You need a good amp to push those 6.5 on your doors. Also, change your rear to 6x9s. When you say you want to change the tweeters why don't you just get components that come with tweets already. I will be changing my stock speakres pretty soon. My front components will probably be mbquarts q series. My 6x9's will be Boston or something else that is good.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChinoTooNice:
Get your amp. You need a good amp to push those 6.5 on your doors. Also, change your rear to 6x9s. When you say you want to change the tweeters why don't you just get components that come with tweets already. I will be changing my stock speakres pretty soon. My front components will probably be mbquarts q series. My 6x9's will be Boston or something else that is good.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was trying to avoid the 6x9's because I want to leave the rear deck alone (i.e. not cut it anymore than it already is), that way I can take out the speakers and put the stock ones back in when I decide to get rid of this car and move on to the next.

I was thinking of separates for the front actually. I may go with the Infinities I was looking at the other day ($169 for the set).

I think I'm going to do that, and run them from the head unit for now, and then buy the amps in a couple of months (and possibly a sub at the same time). I may be going with an Infinity powered sub when I do it (they started making a pretty sweet one).

E

------------------

·
Registered
841 Posts
Wait, I'm sorta confused. The rear are not 6x9s? You said you don't want to have to cut the rear to fit the 6x9s? And when you mean seperates, you mean just get coaxial speakers and then add separate tweeters? Sounds more work to me but hey it's your car. Pioneer is good sh*t, glad you have a head unit like that.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i believe the rears are 6 3/4

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
oh and the "mini" woofer is a 6 1/2

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Oooooh nooooo...all along I thought they were 6x9s. Dammit! The doors are also 6 3/4, hopefully, right? Geez, now I gotta redue my plan. No biggie. Thanks, though.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
yes the rears are 6 3/4's make sure you get the 6 3/4 not oversized 6 1/2s...also when installing the front door speakers you have to use something to bring the speakers out or the window won't go down all the way.....Talk to Russ on that one he'd know a little better about that situation than i would

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
so 6 1/2 wont fit in the back???

damn... i got 2 kappa 6 1/2 component systems for the front and rear

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
11 Posts
they should fit the slot but the problem is that the holes on a 6 1/2 are supposed to be for a three screw pattern and the 6 3/4 for the rear has a four screw pattern. I think someone drilled new holes for their rears. The front ones are weird because (1) you need that spacer and (2) the holes are "chrysler 3 hole" so you'll have to design your spacer for those or get an adapter

------------------
2000 Granite GXE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts