B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a Spec-V experience start-up problems? Specifically turning the key and having it turn over several times before actually starting. And sometimes it seems as if it won't start until i actually stop turning the key. I had a 2000 SE and don't recall having any problems such as this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine does it only if you turn it off and then back on like with in a few seconds, other than that it starts fine

·
Registered
881 Posts
mine has this problem also. Doesnt happen when the engine is cold. usually occurs when it has been running withing the last 2 hours or so. I usually crank, and it doesnt start, let go the key, try again, crank, and it starts right up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
mine seems to take a split second longer than i'm used to but its done it the whole time i've had it so i figure thats how it is.

·
wanna be car guy
542 Posts
I think there was a TSB for starters (might have been for auto's only). Also I've found that I do not have any troubles when I turn the key to the ON possition for a few seconds before cranking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
02SoFloSE-R said:
mine has this problem also. Doesnt happen when the engine is cold. usually occurs when it has been running withing the last 2 hours or so. I usually crank, and it doesnt start, let go the key, try again, crank, and it starts right up.
Mine did the EXACT same thing for the past year. I usually got around it by turning the key and letting it sit for about 5-10 seconds before I started it. I figured this let the fuel pump prime, and it usaually started better.

However, I got sick of that...and took it to the Dealer. I am not sure what they did, but they fixed it. The service manager claimed that they "reprogrammed my ECU". She said they reset the idle speed. Which makes no sense to me at all...since at start up, the car is in open loop mode, and shouldn't be looking for an idle speed...but maybe I am wrong. Maybe it has a "start up" idle speed.

Whatever they did...they fixed it.

I think it is a wide-spread problem. There is a TSB on it, I believe...but it is for a bad starter.

Later,
Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts