B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many people were interested in this, they should provide significant more power to the brakes when applied, when the fluid gets hot and can boil and expand the tubing and produce fade, when you have stainless steel wires it makes the fluid go right there and they can't expand etc. you can read mike kojima's writeup in teh technical section on brakes and the uses of stainless steel lines.. they're great for autocrossing etc... if there is enough interested i will call SMC and see if he would be willing to do a group deal, the lines are regularly 160-200$ a complete set.. let me know if yo'ure interested

[Edited by blitztech on 05-18-2001 at 01:58 PM]

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is definetly an interest. Will they work better even with stock rotors or do should you upgrade before purchasing? What all comes with the set? Is there anything other that brake fluid that needs to be purchased? Thanks for any additional information.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Yes they work find with stock rotors. The set comes with how ever many brake lines you have. You will need brake fluid and you will have to bleed your brakes once done.

Btw I am interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So all the brackets are included? Cool that helps me. Thanks alot David.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
What years are they for???
Is B15's included in this deal???
If so then I might be interested in participating in this deal....

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hmm...I'm interested, keep me posted please. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow lots of interest, this is good, i'm going to call steve and ask him first off if he is interested in letting me do this, what kind of prices i can get, and what years i can get them for
i KNOW i can get them for b13's, i'll ask if i can get them for B14's, B15's and se-rs.. let me call him tomorrow and find out

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
SDsr20de858 said:
i think the b15 use an Altima brake setup....??

hope this helps
Also the set up is the same for the G20,,,if I'm not mistaken.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the b15 does not use the altima setup
dont worry, steve already knows everything about the cars
all i have to do is tell hit the model and whether the rears are disc or drum
he approved the group deal, right off i'm telling you that the drum brakes are cheaper than the discs because the drum rear line is shorter than the disc rear line.
1. he WILL NOT do the deal unless there are AT LEAST 15 orders
2. average savings for 15-19 orders will be roughly 60$
3. average savigns if we get 20+ orders will be roughly 80$

he is giving me ONE HELL of a deal, the deal he proposed is incredible, if you dont jump in on this deal there will probably never be another like it... i will write up a very thorough post tonight and let everyone know everything. this deal is going to remain cut and dry, there will be a cut off date for your payment, payment will be via personal check, money order or paypal. ALL products will be shipped to me and i will ship them out to all of you to avoid the burden of sales tax, there will be NO will call's.
the money will be here up front and i will send him one lump sum payment and order and he will ship to me. flat out he has the right to be so picky about this and is giving us an incredible deal.. i will post another topic tomorrow with all the information, reply to it if you are going to get in on the deal and send your payment, i will email you to confirm receipt of payment. if there are not at least 15 orders your payment will be refunded to you but i am doing all i can to get those orders, this is going to get posted on the se-r board also and other boards with related cars. cars the lines are available for are:
b12 pulsars
b11-b15 sentras' & se-r's
b13 nx1600's
b13 nx2000's

no altimas please, and no maxima's

·
Registered
21 Posts
So by what you said in your first post ....
"the lines are regularly 130$ a complete set". If we can get 20 people to do this we will get the lines for $50.00?
"2. average savings for 15-19 orders will be roughly 60$
3. average savigns if we get 20+ orders will be roughly 80$
or with 15 people they will be $70? That is a sweet deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry about teh confusion, my previous price was wrong, they are not regularly 130 a set, they are regularly 160-200 a set, i misquoted that, sorry guys, cars with drums retail for 160$ a set and cars with discs retail for 200$ a set, as you can see these are a nice luxury adn we're going to get great prices

if you have a drum setup they will be roughly 105-110$ if we have 15-19 orders or roughly 90-95$ if we have 20+ orders

if you have all disc setup they will be roughly 125-130$ if we have 15-19 orders or roughly 110-115$ if we have 20+ orders

i'm pretty sure that IF i can get 15 orders that i can get at least 5 more to make it 20

btw these prices INCLUDE shipping from me to you. you ARE NOT going to have to pay shipping, that will be included in the price i quote you... these prices are NOT definite
the definite prices will be in the later post that i make tonight. i haven't written up the details. i want everything to go cut and dry and i will try and answer all questions in this post

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have drums on the rear and disc on the front. Will that price cover all the lines? Or is it $110 for the drum set and an additional $130 for the disc set? Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm interested in the brake lines too, as long as thy're less than $100. I have a b14 sentra with front disc/rear drum stock setup. Let us know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
when i say disc and when i say drum i meant that some cars have rear disc and some have rear drum, that is how htey're being classified, we all have disc fronts, so the prices includes all 4 brake lines, not just 2. that price will be all the lines.. like i said this deal is going to be hard to pass up...

put it this way
20+ orders prices
disc/drum = roughly 90$
disc/disc = roughly 110$

15-19 orders prices
disc/drum = roughly 105$
disc/disc = roughly 125-130$

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Blitz,

Any idea about time frame?