·
Registered
204 Posts
It was only a matter of time.

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew from the dyno chart that the engine was detonating so much, yet SSR claimed it was just un-tuned.

Well, apparently the engine was detonating so much, that their were cavitations on the top of the pistons.....so sad. :(

Oh, and who said it would blow up on the dyno, and everyone flamed me for saying it??????

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ScottSpec-v said:
At least someone had the balls to find out the limits of the stock bottom end. They are fixing it, so what. Reputable company here.
You will blow ANY motor with poor tuning! SR20DE, even a built motor! Just because you have forged internals, doesn't mean your engine is bulletproof, or not prone to detonation.

He could've blown the motor with only 200 whp.

*EDIT* - The SSR car did NOT have forged internals....

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
1,073 Posts
Where and when are the pics goping to be posted?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mr. Nice Guy,

Your information is incorrect.The motor did blow-up.Actually the stock rod snapped in half.There was no detonation on the dyno.I will take pictures of the pistons and post them here and you can clearly see that there is no detonation.The motor was taken over to Jim Wolf so that they could have a look at the damage.They are not rebuilding it.We will be doing it.As far as you recognizing detonation from a dyno chart?????? BS!!!!!!!!!

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
wow, i remember someone saying that the video clip of the SSR Spec was better than mine.. all i gotta say is that i'm still driving mine around...

To SSR and Kieth, i know you guys were working hard on it and i'm sure that the rebuild will be better than ever. Now you will not have to worry about blowing rods...

Jose

·
Registered
210 Posts
Enemigo said:
wow, i remember someone saying that the video clip of the SSR Spec was better than mine.. all i gotta say is that i'm still driving mine around...

To SSR and Kieth, i know you guys were working hard on it and i'm sure that the rebuild will be better than ever. Now you will not have to worry about blowing rods...

Jose
This was inevidable, it wasn't due to an issue in tuning, and as for nice guy saying all that stuff, he has no clue what he was talking about. A) He wasn't there, B) he just goes by hear say. Basically a rod bearing siezed sending a rod through the block. NOT DETONATION!!!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
no, it was my car the blew up. no biggie really.......and it didn't have anything to do with that dyno. the dyno posted was an untuned run....i already had another brand new short block and a spare motor that is being built for the future. we wanted to see what the car would do and well, a rod snapped. so there you go, the ssr kit is now tested to failure and you can rest knowing that the kits sold will be safe with a stock qr.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ash said:
Very sad..
.I cant wait to see the pics also. I'm actually kinda happy something went wrong...one less problem to worry about for future spoolers.
Well since our kit puts out so much power :) we have to de-tune it..

What you have to understand is, Erins car was far from stock with NITROUS! before he came. All we can do is put the new short block in and try again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
azspecv said:
no, it was my car the blew up. no biggie really.......and it didn't have anything to do with that dyno. the dyno posted was an untuned run....i already had another brand new short block and a spare motor that is being built for the future. we wanted to see what the car would do and well, a rod snapped. so there you go, the ssr kit is now tested to failure and you can rest knowing that the kits sold will be safe with a stock qr.

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
I just want to add the company that built my turbo (Import Lab) is working on that engine as we speak. They are Nissan Guru's and will help get it back and running.

If any of you SoCal B15's need anykind of upgrades, give these people a call and let them know i sent you and you will get hooked up!.. Take my word for it.. ask for Danny or Nick...

Import Lab - 619-588-5577

Jose

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.