B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm about to get started on my Turbo project but Im just tryin to see some Opinions and ideas and prices/#'s, or whatever.

Here's the stats:
2000 Sentra SE (Automatic)

Plans:
Turbo Kit
Tune
Tranny Work
Re-Tune
Torque Converter
(Of course some cosmetic work in there too)

The way things are looking:
Right now I was looking at a GTI-R T28 Turbo setup
I chose this Turbo because it will probably hold up longer than a T3-T04E setup on a Daily Driver. I want good power but also something that wont totally rip my car apart.

Questions:
What kind of #'s can I expect to see out of this Turbo?

I know that the stock tranny can hold around 220whp, Ive been told recently 225-250whp?...Let me know.

What is the outlook on your Pricing for a Turbo kit (bolt-on), with block tap, and tuning?

Just tryin to look for some last minute info...

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the "clutch on the automatic" huh...hmmmmm
what can the tranny hold stock then?

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howd u run your exaust Mike?

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah...thats what im sayin...what can the auto tranny hold lol...and Im still workin out my exaust situation lol....3in cat back for 600$ is kinda steep lol

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ne one else like to help out here lol

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno ask the Professional Racers....

Because with a turbo, some tranny work, and a TC (torque Converter), no one with a manual will be able to touch me, cuz ill be turboed and shifting faster than any human can :)

Turbos prolly help Autos more than anything....:)

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yay me :)

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
As for the exhaust talk to VRS exhaust. I believe they have a setup for the B13 that will work well on the B15 with no clearance issues. I believe David is running their 3in down pipe, but I'm not 100% sure.

As for your tranny I wouldn't expect too much out of it. That should be one of the first things you should get rebuilt just for piece of mind IMO.

Edit: Check out the recent thread on SR20 forum about a b15 downpipe. David chimes in as to what exactly he is running.

http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?t=55468&highlight=b15+downpipe

·
Registered
557 Posts
Talk to jamie at powertech. He has pipes and stuff for the B15. He may also be of some help with finding that GTi-R setup.

·
sonnypippo
6,461 Posts
all parts for turbo will run you about $3000 - $3500 new.

then add exhaust and tranny work.

you might want to talk to jcgator42 or jploser about automatic + turbo...

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
DJLegacy2k1...this must be your first serious thread , w/o you whorin'....:D J/K

I keep thinking about doing the same thing , turboing my automatic 2000 SE . But have decided to first build up the motor , and go for an N/A approach . In the end , I'm sure I would've spent the same amount if , not more on the all-motor setup , but it's something more practical to me , than going turbo . I know as soon as I make this statement , I'm doomed.....:D But , I'd love to have an SR20VE / SR16VE swap , into my B15 . :) More power to all the automatic owners going turbo . :) I guess the only thing that will help me decide , is attending my first autocross event , then I guess I'll decide , as I ( hopefully ) progress :) , what to do .

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
chimmike said:
the tranny can hold more than that, the clutch will be an issue at anything more than 190whp, trust me ;)
Dude, he has an automatic....the stock auto tranny will take a shit with a sufficient amount of power. I wouldn't take it beyond 220 whp on a stock transmission.

·
sonnypippo
6,461 Posts
Can 01SE said:
Talk to jamie at powertech. He has pipes and stuff for the B15. He may also be of some help with finding that GTi-R setup.
non-moving parts like manifold, j-pipe, etc. can be bought used on sr20forum for cheap.

turbo and other stuff i would probably buy new.

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
DJLegacy2k1 said:
The way things are looking:
Right now I was looking at a GTI-R T28 Turbo setup
I chose this Turbo because it will probably hold up longer than a T3-T04E setup on a Daily Driver. I want good power but also something that wont totally rip my car apart.

Questions:
What kind of #'s can I expect to see out of this Turbo?

I know that the stock tranny can hold around 220whp, Ive been told recently 225-250whp?...Let me know.

What is the outlook on your Pricing for a Turbo kit (bolt-on), with block tap, and tuning?
A Gti-R T28 can support about 260 whp without cams. With cams, you're looking at around 290 whp (S3R's). You don't want to run that much with the stock tranny, though.

A T28 will be easier, IMO to setup than the T3/04E, it also gives your engine bay more of a "stock" look, and makes for easier downpipe, and intercooler piping, along with less lag.

Like Chris said, new parts will be in the neighborhood of 3,000, I could piece together a bare bones kit for around 2500.

Essentials:

S-AFC
38 lb injectors
Turbo
Manifold
Gaskets
Piping
Intercooler
BOV
Clamps
Silicone connectors
Miscellaneous vacuum hose
nissport adapter
stainless braided line
oil fittings for turbo
oil tap for block

There are many other things to consider, I probably left a few out.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Then add another 2-3k for the tranny work. If you are serious talk to Level 10 about modifying your tranny to hold the power. Its going to cost you some money but it will hold the power.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I turboed my 2001 G20 (same motor) with $2000 GTiR setup. And yes it was auto, AUTO stays on boost and is sooooo much fun to drive. Killed my SPEC V's (especially my friends, INJEN CAI, Hotshot Headers, by about 30 cars) hehe and CL Type S and such. Car was boosting 8psi.

WARNING: You have top feed injectors, make sure you mod the fuel rail as for the RR SR20 they do not make fuel rails. MSD 36lb injectors will not fit the rail, or RC injectors wont either. This is because the hole that holds the injectors is bigger than the actual top of the injector. Also you need a longer screw to accomodate for the size. This is why i BURNT my piston to a crisp on the highway (because i didnt install my 444cc injectors).

If you need parts, i still have my GTiR manifold wastegate flanged, and a Turbonetics Deltagate Wastegate, as well as the 444cc top mount injectors off a Skyline. You need an Apexi S-AFC as it works wonders!! Good luck let me know if you need the parts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts