B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sr20de sitting at my buddys house....and i was thinking about swapping it in my xe...is this a hard swap? and will I need to change anything? thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have both, a B15, and an old B13 that has been dead with a blown motor for a year. I finally got the $$$ to make it run again, and at 165ish hp too....

·
Registered
438 Posts
The thing is, would the tranny hook up to the motor? I think with the right tranny, it's doable. It will cost alot of money no matter what, because of the labor costs.

·
I WANT MY SKYLINE!
437 Posts
sr20de in b15 xe.... attainable

the swap is do-able, only thing you need to do is change the harness and the computer....around 2400$ cnd funds, I already looked into it, The qg tranny is the same housing,although the gear ratios are different, so some internal tranny work is manditory, all the other motor components are identical( rad, alt, etc)

not including exhaust, I believe the drive shafts are the same as to what the sr20de is equiped with, not entirly sure on that one, check with your dealer,

you could also check with Trav , He might know a little bit more!

get that engine in there, then put the hairdyer(<boost)> in

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what i am planning on doing....i just want to make sure that the engine will go in no problem....i know i will have to work with the tranny abit

·
Registered
948 Posts
Make sure the SR20 was from a front or all wheel drive vehicle, not a rear wheel drive vehicle.

I don't think that this is going to be a problem for you, since the SR20DE you have is almost definitely from a front wheel drive car, but it is an issue with the SR20DETs, since many of them were RWD, and they don't swap easily at all.

·
Uses hands while bouncing
654 Posts
I rode in Stephen's SR20DET, man, that thing is a beast, he didn't even get full throttle or really go into boost at all. Makes me wanna start saving my money for one!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
let us know how it's going. Let me ride in it after you're done. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts