B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got off my lazy *** and decided to do the timing advance (plus I just filled up with some 109 av gas this morning which made a HUGE difference in itself). Anyway, get everything ready, hooked up the timing light and figured I better check and see what it's at before I mess with anything and low and behold it's at 1 degree! Not sure if that's what was causing some of my problems with idling and running really really rich but I guess I'll find out. When we advanced it (and checked half a dozen times after we were done just to make sure it was right) we had to turn the dist cap as far as it would go and back it off a millimeter or two but it's dead on 19. After this tank of 109 is gone I'm gonna go back to 91 for 4 or 5 tanks and see how it runs and by then the cpu should have more than accepted the changes and I'm gonna try the 109 again and see what kind of difference it makes.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
I hope for your sake that avgas was NON-leaded.......otherwise you can kiss your O2 sensors and cats goodbye!!!

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
so with 7(???) marks on the timing belt... the first being -10, -5, 0, 5, 10, 15, 20... is that correct? i need to know to make sure i set mine at 17 degrees... also i never pulled my sensor out and revved or anything.. i just turned the cap... think itll make a difference?

·
Registered
140 Posts
What ever happened to the link that showed us how to do this anyway? I'm curious and would like to do this myself.

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chimmike said:
I hope for your sake that avgas was NON-leaded.......otherwise you can kiss your O2 sensors and cats goodbye!!!
It's super low lead but I talked to quite a few people before hand about it just to be safe and they said I would be fine to run one tank of it every other month to keep things clean but no more than that or it'll start giving me all kinds of problems other than just the o2's and cat.

2KBlackSE said:
so with 7(???) marks on the timing belt... the first being -10, -5, 0, 5, 10, 15, 20... is that correct? i need to know to make sure i set mine at 17 degrees... also i never pulled my sensor out and revved or anything.. i just turned the cap... think itll make a difference?

Mine only has 6 marks (-5, 0, 5, 10, 15, and 20) I don't know if it makes a diffence if you rev it and unhook the sensor. I followed the instructions in the write-up exactly so I wouldn't have to worry about doing it again later (even though it only took about 5 mins) cause I'm a lazy f u c k e r.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the FSM and i could not find it in there. What catagory and page is it on? The url that i went to said to tuen counter clockwise to advanced then in parentheses it said top towards firewall. Well top towards firewall is clockwise, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts