B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, anyways im going boost soon (I have an 02 G20 BTW) and I know we have the same trannies etc... (except the ratios on mines are shorter); my question deals with the transmission.

I just ordered a Clutchnet setup (Fiber Fiber clutch, lightened flywheel, and pressure plate). Anyways the G20 trany is hydraulic (like yours if im not mistaken) and we are having issues with the clutchnet pressure plate over on G20.net. The clutch doesnt disengage or something, but on the cable clutches it works fine, and this is due to a spacer in the transmission.

What pressure plate have you guys upgraded to? Any issues? How to fix the problem? I know theres a couple of SE's here that are boosting, so im sure the stock clutch didnt hold up. Thanks guys!

Kevin

Here's the spacer:

·
Registered
275 Posts
take the spacer off

I just did a manual conversion. 200 SX ACT heavy-duty press plate to modified street disc mounted to B15 flywheel. When I was bleeding the clutch I noticed that too. So I just ended up taking the spacer off and all my probs went away...

·
Registered
104 Posts
KICK *** MATT said:
I just did a manual conversion. 200 SX ACT heavy-duty press plate to modified street disc mounted to B15 flywheel. When I was bleeding the clutch I noticed that too. So I just ended up taking the spacer off and all my probs went away...
Not to completely hijack this thread....

Matt - I've got a few questions about how you did the swap. I dug through some of your old posts at lunch, but I dind't find too many specifics.
I'm guessing you did the swap yourself?

How did you handle the P-N-D interlock and convert over to the cluch interlock (depress to start)?

Did the ECU throw any codes or did you source a 5 speed ECU?

The how did you deal with speed sensor off the tranny? Do the auto and manual transmissions use the same unit?

Thanks

Fro

·
Registered
275 Posts
FroMan said:
Not to completely hijack this thread....

Matt - I've got a few questions about how you did the swap. I dug through some of your old posts at lunch, but I dind't find too many specifics.
I'm guessing you did the swap yourself?
Yes, I will put up a write up soon complete with part numbers and little quakrs that you have to watch out for, but it'll have to be after I put the interrior back together, fix my ABS light, get an alignment and weld my exhaust back on properly...so it'll be another 2 weeks or so...

FroMan said:
How did you handle the P-N-D interlock and convert over to the cluch interlock (depress to start)?
The PNP interlock is a cable system, it ties into with your ignition via a cable, you just completely remove it

FroMan said:
Did the ECU throw any codes or did you source a 5 speed ECU?
yup, threw a command having to do with the ECU somhow not talking to the TCM, doesn't affect the performance of the car, just live with it...

FroMan said:
The how did you deal with speed sensor off the tranny? Do the auto and manual transmissions use the same unit?
Speed sensor came with the manual gear box, but assuming the plug from my harness went in, I would assume that they are the same. The only sensor that is different that I know of for sure is the crank angle sensor, the auto one is longer, the manual one is shorter

FroMan said:
Thanks

Fro
no problem
Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts