B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am planning on putting a SR20 in my XE but I was wondering if any one might know a lttle about the SR20's I want a DE cause of price and imgoing to have spuirters installed by JWT unless I can find a DET block for as much as a DE I dont care about much cause I'm going to build it anyways my main question is i saw some where that with a 1.75 rod/stroke ratio you could rev it closed to 9000 rpms with the right head and set up of course but in order to achieve this on a stock crankyou need a 153mm rod which puts you 14mm into the head with a 1.2mm head gasket so I was thinking I could use a 80mm stroke (new crank) and 140mm rods (new rods) and that leaves .45mm till the top of the head gasket so if anyone knows where i can get some rods or a crank or how easy it is to get an SR20 into an B15 please let me know I'd like a lot of ideas so i can shop around see my choices.....thanx

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
sentra02boy said:
I'm am planning on putting a SR20 in my XE but I was wondering if any one might know a lttle about the SR20's I want a DE cause of price and imgoing to have spuirters installed by JWT unless I can find a DET block for as much as a DE I dont care about much cause I'm going to build it anyways my main question is i saw some where that with a 1.75 rod/stroke ratio you could rev it closed to 9000 rpms with the right head and set up of course but in order to achieve this on a stock crankyou need a 153mm rod which puts you 14mm into the head with a 1.2mm head gasket so I was thinking I could use a 80mm stroke (new crank) and 140mm rods (new rods) and that leaves .45mm till the top of the head gasket so if anyone knows where i can get some rods or a crank or how easy it is to get an SR20 into an B15 please let me know I'd like a lot of ideas so i can shop around see my choices.....thanx
You are creating all that work, and going to spend thousands of dollars on that stuff all to rev till 9000 RPM? That sounds like ricer talk to me! Believe me, the stock DE/DET redline give you plenty of room to make more power than your front tires can handle!

I say you build up the DE with DET rods and pistons and go from there. After that if you really have some money burning a hole in your pocket then you can drop $5,000+ on a stroker kit! Or you could just make a check out to me for that amount and I will put it into my retirement fund! :D

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
if you really wanna rev to 9000 for no reason... get a sr16ve N1

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Sentrase00 said:
if you really wanna rev to 9000 for no reason... get a sr16ve N1
No reason.....sheeeeeeiiiiit . If I had one , I'd let JWT go to town and maybe hit 240-260 whp after they rebuild it Six Million Dollar Man style . :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts