B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since jwt doens't make an ecu for the roller rocker motor what do i have to change and from what year car do i have to get the ecu from,,
will my ignition still work considering i have the chipped key?
will i have to get valve springs?
How high can the motor rev,,,i know the peak hp numbers are at a lower rpm as compared to the older sr20's so would going to 7500 like the classic se-r's be pointless?

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
YOur not really gonna make alot of power past 6600.. the valve train is supposed to be strong enough to withstand 7200 rpms.. but thats likely the safest limit..

to make 7500 rpms to work for you .. youd need decent cams head work and compression upgrade to make the most of the rpms.. however.. having a 7200 rpm powerband would be really nice for autox..

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
i heard that you could put one of the older heads on and change the wiring harness to obd1 and then it could work.

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Swap in an SR16VE w/ JWT Cams and rev to 9000 rpm's . :D LOL

Remember...we have Nissan motors , not Honda motors , so raising the redline is worthless w/o cams , headwork , etc... ;)

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
no just try and find a sr16ve N1 or get a sr20ve and N1 cams...LOL ;)
Matt

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
cburwell said:
Your you could save yourself the thousands of dollars that a VE swap would cost and just buy a set of JWT S3R cams. For about $500 you will get solid gains, and you won't have to mess with any wiring.
Best solid advice on this thread . I'd take it . :)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
cburwell said:
Or you could save yourself the thousands of dollars that a VE swap would cost and just buy a set of JWT S3R cams. For about $500 you will get solid gains, and you won't have to mess with any wiring.
Hell yeah. Do that swap and see what you think before you go messing with the conversion for the JWT ECU. Trust me, I know. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts