B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI

After 1 month my 2001 Sentra GXE developed a loud constant squeak in the driver's seat. I checked all nuts and bolts on the seat and tracks and found them to be secure. As a last resort I sprayed lithium grease in the track rails and it solved the problem.

--Dave
CCRT

[Edited by CCRT on 05-22-2001 at 05:25 AM]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
The only thing I can suggest is to take it to the dealership and have them either fix it or replace it,,,under warranty...

·
Registered
347 Posts
same problem

I have the same problem i have a 2000 GXE i think my sqeek is coming from the passenger seat it usually squeeked when i hit a bump or somthing i searched for it for so long couldn't find anything the only thing i can suggest is try and wait it out because its slowly getting less and less it might just be somthing that needs to be broken in mine hardly does it anymore and i've had my car for about 9 months
Hope i have helped

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Squeak is back

It's back and very aggravating :-( When in the drivers seat and you shift your wieght backwards the seak sounds like its from an antique. I was wondering if it might be coming from a bad weld on the seat rails? Looks like I'll be removing my dirivers seat shortly and checking thing out.

I just know if I take it to the dealer they'll just blow it off.

--Dave

·
Registered
347 Posts
check ur springs

I have the same problem but it was one of the springs inside the seat had gone bad and squeaked whenever anyone sat on it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

Loosened the right rear mounting bolt on the drivers seat and the noise stopped. I'm planning on placing a rubber washer between the seat rail and the floor mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts