B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got my 2k1 sentra for 4 months now and have experienced some weird squeaking noise from my gas pedal. when i step on the gas pedal from idle, the pedal would make squeaking sound like the ones made by doors. i first experienced this problem 2 months ago and brought my car to the dealer and they fixed the problem by lubricating the joints. but last wk i've experienced the same problem again and i'm just wondering if there's something wrong w/ the joints or what. i don't wanna go to the dealer every 2 months. can anyone help?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Got to be annoying. Does it occur if the car is not running? Is it inside the car? If so get down there, operate it by hand to find the squeaking joint. If you find it you probably could spray it with a silicon lub with a plastic extension or one of those plastic bottles to lubricate air conditionar moters with a long flex tube. Can buy in ac supply stores. Hopefully you'll get better ideas from this board. I can't check on mine because it's been shop for 10 days now-damn.
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

·
Registered
841 Posts
Funny how every week or so there is a new annoying problem with the b15. Luck for me I don't have all those problems...? Just some inside rattles.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

I've never heard of this one yet, this is a new one. I know this doesn't help at all, sorry.
But ChinoTooNice, what kind of rattles are you getting now? 'Cause I'm getting the same thing from the front passenger side, and I have not been able to locate the source of it.

Hope you'll get this brake thing fix soon, I can imagine how annoying it is!

------------------
CG
2001 Sentra GXE
All Standard

·
Registered
841 Posts
Same here. I know what it is because this other guy on the board had the same problem and he fixed it. It's inside of the door, this plastic piece that is loose and needs glue. I don't know and I don't care cuz I always have the tunes up high, nahmean.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

M

·
0 Posts
I'd say there is some problem with the pedal linkage on some of the Sentra's. When we picked up my SE, we did a dealer trade for it on a GXE. The accelerator pedal on that GXE would STICK!! It was seriously dangerous. There was nothing you could do but keep pressing the pedal until it unjammed itself. It made for some very anxeious moments!!

I'd just take the car back again reporting the same problem. Maybe they need to disassemble the linkage and do a more thorough lubrication.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It's Here!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh...about where the noise is...the noise is inside the car and it happens when the car is not running too...but it's not as loud i'm not sure y...

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
X-treme. I looked at the pedal assembly. You said inside the car-do mean in the engine compartment?? Iff so still you can work the gas pedal and have someone in the engine comp. checking. But if it's down at the pedal there is the pedal pivit where the torque spring(pedal return spring)is. The rod goes thru bushings/bearings. If you want to give it a shot, I would go with a silicon spray and get the silicon around those bushings. I know you shouldn't mix lubricants, but even if they used grease I don't think it will hurt anything. Someone above mentioned that the throttle stuck. I had an 1980 Datsun B210. and the accelerator spring was so light, I put an additional spring in. I am going to see if I can do the same to this, the spring is too weak. Must be a Nissan trait.

Later
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto Trans(remanufactured)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx adc! i would try doing the spring first and find someone to look up the eng comp if the problem persists! and thx to everyone who've posted solutions for my problem! =)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem its incredibly annoying everytime you step on the gas and everytime you let up on the gas which is the whole time you are driving and i have been at the dealer at least every two months, but for many other problems i hope you find a solution and post it.

------------------
Jupiter
Radium 2000 SE W/performance package

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my pedal does that too

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ironic. I brought mine back from dealer few hours ago with same problems. I think they just put some teflon on it or something. It still makes sounds, but maybe it takes a little while.
It's lame. I'm starting to think the craftmanship on SE's cheesy except for the engine.

------------------
Sentra SE, Jaded, ABS, S airbag, Nismo rocket booster. TypeR sticker, Models in swim suits.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
do give up on the b15 so easily..... be patient with your nissan... all of them are like that

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 01 gxe just started making this noise at 6000 miles. I'm taking it to the dealer this week. I'll let you all know the outcome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
guys HOLD ON!!!!!!!

i had this problem in my B14, here is the solution!!!

(i have a 98 GXE auto)

first open the hood, have someone sit inside the car and pump the gas pedal while u look at the engine bay.

there should be a moving part, that tells the engine to increase power. Get some Wd40 and spray it, end of problem. This will also loosen up a stuck accelerator, i hope this helps. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts