B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of their lowered sentra and can post it??? I'm planning on dropping mine, but I'd like to see how it looks first.
And what options for springs do I have? I know eibach has the pro-kit and sportlines but thats about it.

------------------
2k Sentra SE Manual w/PP - Black

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
AGENT there are a few i believe but you might wanna wait until someone makes a shock for our cars first,,,or you'll blow the factory shock quickly....

also if you look at some of the earlier post someone did a photoshop picture of a 2k lowered and it looked pretty cool,,,just search and you'll find it......

------------------
Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
112 Posts
DarKsiDe_SE could u find me your sportline parts #? I'm not happy w/ my pro-kit. want to change them ASAP .... Do u get some rattle noise coming fr the suspension after lowing the car ???

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I posted the part # on this bb, its here just gotta look back into the archive. and yea, i get some rattling coming from the rear too. I have no idea what it could be???? annoying aint it

------------------
*Josh*

·
Registered
816 Posts
That rattling comes from the coils on the spring hitting each other. The very top few spring coils are very close to each other. When you go over bumps, these coils hit each other and makes a sound like you just bottomed out. It doesn't affect your car but it does get annoying.

You can fix this by wrapping some rubber tubing around these "dead" coils. You just buy some rubber tubing from Home Depot or something, make a slit in it and wrap a few segments around the offending coils.

BTW, on my Accord, I have the Prokits. The noise went away after about 6 months. I was going to do this hose thing but the noise just disappeared. Maybe after the springs settle a bit, the coils actually touch so that the no longer hit on bumps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
weird thing is. I took my car to the dealer. They discovered the rattle noise. They told me because there is space between the spring and the upper mount pully. when going through bumps the springs hit the pully and it damaged the shocks real bad... they told me I need to replace a new set of shocks and pully. There is chance that the pully might pop out. so I have to take it esay in turns now.

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

[This message has been edited by rho2 (edited January 25, 2001).]

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Rho, does the dealer replace those under warranty or those do those fall into the wear and tear items?

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much of a drop does the pro-kit or sportslines give?

------------------

·
Registered
124 Posts
Pro kits drop ya about 1.2" and the sportlines put you about 1.75" down. I'm almost positive about the pro kit drop and pretty sure about the sportline. I've got an Eibach catalog in front of me and it says the pro kits drop you anywhere from 1 to 1.5 inches and the sportlines from 1.75 to 2.25 inches. I'd go with the pro kit. our cars don't have a whole lot of suspension travel and you're only making it shorter the more you slam it.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I just got the eibach sportlines installed and my car is looking a lot better. Haven't heard any strange noises yet....

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
what are you guys using for an aftermarket shock??? i thought there isn't anything as of yet?????
and if your using the the stock shock still isn't that bad on it......and maybe the rattling could be from that......

------------------

Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup, using the stock shocks. they should last me till there are some performance shocks out on the market. i'm realllly loving how my car is looking lowered...

------------------

M

·
0 Posts
You should post some good pictures of it.

The front wheel gap is really the problem on the car. The rear looks "okay," but the front just looks all out of proportion.

Man, I'm -almost- ready to shell out the cash for it. haha. I just don't know if I could really live with a lowered car or not. It does create some unique problems.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (On The Way!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah, I'll take some pics soon. And i did notice the front wheel gap is a lil larger than the back, but my friend tells me its like that cuz your front tires do the turning, which makes sense. And if i look at the side skirts, the car is prefectly even with the ground, which i guess is expected since the eibach give a even drop all around.

------------------

[This message has been edited by agent vee (edited February 07, 2001).]

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hey SentraStyling, your car isn't lowered is it? And if not, when do you plan on lowering it? I am still waiting for some coilovers like from GC. Hopefully they will unleash the badboys by springtime.

------------------
"ya nahmean?"
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChinoTooNice:
Hey SentraStyling, your car isn't lowered is it? And if not, when do you plan on lowering it? I am still waiting for some coilovers like from GC. Hopefully they will unleash the badboys by springtime.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No my car isn't lowered
I wish it was though but I'm in the same boat as you i wanna wait till coilovers are made just for the reason that in the winter it snows alot up here and if i have just springs on then i'll be plowing the roads for the state
at least with the coilovers i can raise it up in the winter......

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No worries about snow in san diego

Just gotta watch out for those nasty potholes.

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I just recently dropped my 2000 SE with a set of coilovers from HP racing motorsports. They turned the coil all the way down.... came out to about a 2 inch drop (maybe less). Looks okay, its starting to settle so the coil is getting tighter, making to wheels a little more tucked. It looks good but its not that low. I hear someweird noises though when I turn the wheel and pot wholes are a *****... the noise is so loud!!! I plan to get tokico shocks soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts