B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
UnosGirl said:
which dampers do you suggest?
Get the JIC's.. They are Adjustable Coilovers, you wont need to buy the eibach's then and waste money...If you just get the eibach kit, you could run 2003 SPECV Struts/Shocks(350 bucks new) for a couple years without problems..or Get the Koni's people are talking about on here..there is a pretty recent thread on here about suspension advice...

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
My struts are still fine after a year and a half on sprints. If you just want the look just get springs.

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
bjorkluv said:
There you go!!! that makes 4 Guys I know..but she has the GXE dampers and will need to upgrade to at least the SPEC V ones..they are different... I upgraded my old SE ones to the SPEC's..
I would definately agree with that.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
YELLOWV said:
My struts are still fine after a year and a half on sprints. If you just want the look just get springs.
ride in a car that doesn't have blown dampers and you'll see yours are shot to hell, guarantee it, LOL

i just can't justify spending 350 on spec dampers when Koni yellows are only a little bit more, and hella BETTER!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If you want to get Spec V equivalent shocks, the KYB GR-2's would be an exact replacement, if not a bit better, for cheaper.

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
chimmike said:
ride in a car that doesn't have blown dampers and you'll see yours are shot to hell, guarantee it, LOL

i just can't justify spending 350 on spec dampers when Koni yellows are only a little bit more, and hella BETTER!
I know exactly what blown dampers feel like and mine are just fine. My car feels the same way it did the day I installed the springs.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
diwun67 said:
Mike, how would YOU know when your dampers are shot to hell?
because it bounces. instead of settling after the rear goes over a speedbump, it bounces once or twice.

with sprint springs, I can almost guarantee that just the significantly lower stance would put enough stress on stock dampers to blow them. Sportlines are almost as bad.

but seriously, don't waste the money on oem dampers. at least get GR2s, if not koni yellows.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Your shocks are shot to hell when you see the ground crack up and open a gate to the deep bowels of hell where satan may just pay you a visit ;)

The shocks would be fine for half a year supposedly, but since you have a GXE, it might be earlier. So I suggest if you're going to do suspension, I suggest researching on it, since it is not a small mod like an intake. I really like the Tanabe GF210. Those are the stiffest springs I could find for the b15. You could get a DF210 so you can drop it more. Ptuning have them for 160 shipped with the 5% discount we get.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts