B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some opinions from eibach owners to try and get a feel for which path I should go. I would also like to hear how the ride was affected by the change. I already have F/R nismo upper strut bars, and lower sway bars and I must say that my handling is great. I am also extremely satisifed with the ride in my car now. I also would like to hear if you kept your original struts or not.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
I had Sportlines(old spring rates, I guess) on OEM SE struts and HATED the ride. The rates were too low for the drop, even though it was a not too low 1.5" drop. Prokits have better spring rates, but don't drop as nice. What kind of car do you have? If I had to pick one one of the two, definitely get the Pro Kits. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an 04 spec v

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
My friend has sportlines on his Spec V. They looks great and ride waaaay better than my sprints.

My cousin had the prokits as well. Though the drop wasn't as dramatic the ride on the pro-kits definately felt better.

I'd also recommend taking a look at the springs from Tanabe. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so it sounds like the pro-kits are the way to go. Will they ride nicely with my stock struts?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
reticle said:
OK so it sounds like the pro-kits are the way to go. Will they ride nicely with my stock struts?
They should, most definitely. :) "Ride nicely" is really subjective. My ride nicely is probably different than your ride nicely. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Maybe you should also consider something else than Eibach, like the Tanabe GF-210, which have the same drop as the Pro-Kit, but with stiffer spring rate.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Pro Spec V said:
Maybe you should also consider something else than Eibach, like the Tanabe GF-210, which have the same drop as the Pro-Kit, but with stiffer spring rate.
That's true. Stiffer is better. ;)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
they will ride nice not tto bouncy not too stiff, but in time the ride will get ****tier

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Pro Spec V said:
Good advice, although I want to quickly mention that that the drop is similar but not identical:

Prokits: 180F/300R rates with 1.2"/1.0" drop
GF210: 207F/314R rates with 1.3"/1.1" drop

I know some of you are thinking, what kind of difference could 0.1" possibly have on our suspension? Actually, given our extremely short stock suspension travel, a tenth of an inch is actually not as trivial as you think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts