B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was just wondering if the SpecV exhaust from and 02+ would fit on an 01 SE. I figure it would just because its the same Frame BUT i wasnt sure. I plan on running the Hotshot Gen 5 header w/ it. If it doesnt then im just going to stick with the Stock SE exhaust. Going for Quiet ( but i want a little gain in the HP area ) because my neighborhood will kill u if you ride in with loudness at 2 in the AM. So No open Exhaust for me. Thanks for the help ( did a search and couldnt find anything that really helped me out for the Search Nazi's :rolleyes: ) :D

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
haha the spec v exhaust will fit, but not directly. The hanger locations are different on the spec v, so you'll just have to get the hangers moved and you're set. If you go with the Hotshot Header, you will definitely need to put on a big resonator because with the stock exhaust, everybody kept getting a ricey tone. So if you do decide to get the hotshot header, then i suggest you either get a new custom magnaflow setup with a 22" resonator or just go get a bigger welded onto your stock exhaust system. Best of luck.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm true. You have the HKS exhaust right? Curious to how that sounds at low RPMS? Because i have listened to it on the Website but that was on a MR2. That was going to be another option that i was considering if i decided to change the sytem itself.

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
With the SE i have i dont have a ricey tone. I have a CAI and header. its not bad

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm ok so really i would just be better off staying with the Stock Exhaust and just get a bigger resinator?

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
FadingOut said:
Hmm ok so really i would just be better off staying with the Stock Exhaust and just get a bigger resinator?
You would be better off getting a decent catback. The stock spec exhaust is a waste and will need more modification than just the hangers being moved. If you cant get a catback keep the SE exhaust.

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
The HKS sounds awesome without the header in my honest opinion...it can get pretty loud, but at low rpm's, it sounds really deep and has the perfect tone...but right after I put on a header, that sound got a lot louder. It sounds a lot meaner now, but i just don't like to have such a loud car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
FadingOut said:
Save your money and get a VRS cat-back. They can get you a full bolt-on cat-back with a 22" resonator and muffler already welded on for about $450. That's the exhaust I have any the sound is good when you are inside the car.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm ok well i will keep lookin around thanx for the advice though defenetly noted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts