B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup guys. I was just wondering which car will win in a race if they are both stock from the factory. I know the rsx-s has 200hp but the spec has 180 torque at 4000 rpm, while the rsx-s has 142torque at 6000 rpm. Will it be a close race or will the type s smoke the spec? My bro is prob. gonna get the rsx-s and i wanna be able to beat him. Let me know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
its a drivers race... mod for mod the rsx-s will win, i/h/e/c/ecu is like 260whp for that car. Beware of 3rd gear but your torque keeps you contending

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
I think you're asking an interesting question, who doesn't discuss this among friends over a beer? So you ask a resource to get more opinions.

Only issue is that it hints toward street racing, which the site owner (david) and the moderators do not condone. It attracts the ricer fun boys like flies on sh_it, and they are about as annoying as a trip to the DMV. Lots of talking, but terribly irritating.

There is a better way to ask this question:

In 1/4 mile drag racing, with identical drivers, which car is faster?

Next step is to have this thread moved to the Motorsports forum. As long as your question about car vs car is asked within the context of a sanctioned racing event, you will get more meaningful answers from well meaning members.

My answer to the revised question? Stock vs Stock, the RSX-S is probably faster, maybe half a second in the quarter or something like that.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
does anyone else have problems with torque stear? **** if i'm driving hard even in 3rd the stearing wheel tries to take me off roading :(

·
Registered
831 Posts
There are many different factors in the answer. Most likely it will be a drivers race, him or you could just happen to have a "factory beast" and be able to take the other, weather and breakin period are also important factors. Like stated before it really wold b a drivers race STOCK for STOCK. An RSX-S responds very well to mods :)

P.S. -- I hope you are doing this racing on a track ;) This forum does not approve of streetracing

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Yeah, pretty much a drivers race. Stock for stock an RSX-S "should" be faster, but then again I was at the track last night and beat a modded WRX and a modded SRT-4, but we all know that my car isn't faster than them, they just couldn't drive. Not that I'm the best driver with the best car, just better than them :D!

Oh yeah, I hope you're talking about at the track, and yeah, IB4TL!

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
svrspec04 said:
Wassup guys. I was just wondering which car will win in a race if they are both stock from the factory. I know the rsx-s has 200hp but the spec has 180 torque at 4000 rpm, while the rsx-s has 142torque at 6000 rpm. Will it be a close race or will the type s smoke the spec? My bro is prob. gonna get the rsx-s and i wanna be able to beat him. Let me know.
Stock? Well damn, just like it's been discussed before, it's a driver's race. However, this also depends if you're running a 1/8, 1/4 or road course. I know there are some really really fast RSX-S' out there. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.