B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently ordered my JWT clutch and flywheel combo. I was just wondering if most of you guys changed the throw out bearing and the rear main seal. I'm not going to touch the rear main seal, but I ordered a new throw out bearing the other day. Also, after the install I plan on putting in some redline transmission fluid. What are you guys using? MT-90? Does it get rid of the 3rd gear crunch? Also, how many quarts of the MT-90 does the spec-v take? Thanks for helping me out.

·
Back for More
3,766 Posts
OKtodrive said:
A mix of 2qt mt-90 and 1qt of MTL.
Per a technician at Redline, I run a 50/50 mix of MTL and MT-90.

And if my memory serves me, it only holds 2.3 liters......

So, it would be 1.15 liters of each. As I said, I got this from a tech at Redline. I told him the oil requirements of the tranny, and that was his answer.

Unless the seal is leaking, then no, I wouldn't change it either

*edit* also, I would change the throwout bearing any time the tranny is out. It takes the second most abuse in there, next to the actual friction disk.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
werd. thanks.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how many quarts should I buy? 3?

·
Registered
342 Posts
i change a rear main just about any time i have a tranny out too. It is easier to fix it when its out, even if its not leaking, than to have to take the tranny back out, only to fix that leak...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used 3 quarts of MT-90 because its cold for maybe a month in Texas. My repair manuel said to use 3 1/8 quarts so basically 3 quarts. When I put it all in it dripped a little. The limit is right up to the fill hole so I would say 2 5/8 or till it drips and clean up then your good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts