B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys fortunately my girlfriend and i are still alive but my brand new spec v is totalled. I was on the florida turnpike and a bucket rolled under my car, as i was braking (no ABS) the car drifted right (as intended) to the soft shoulder and it just happened that there was a BIG RED RAM 1500 parked in my path.
Ill have pictures posted later. The Spec windshield held up perfectly b/c the hood was ripped off and heading towards my head. Im miss my damn car... guys i just wanna tell you that this car is a great car and charish it everday

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
sorry to hear that. great to know you're both ok. what do you think your impact speed was, just curious?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
roughly about 45-55mph

·
Registered
245 Posts
woa, that's shocking. The hood totally ripped off? I'm glad there were no casualties. Was it a state owned bucket that caused you to lose control?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Why didn't you just run over the bucket? I really will only swerve for another car and (maybe-but not sure) a person. I swerved once for a pheasant and wrecked my '69 Camaro). A good exercise to perfect the non swerving technique is to pretend a bucket rolls in front of you and lock up your arms. (don't step in front of me).

Glad you are O,K. :(

·
Just 35 more...
2,296 Posts
hell, i wouldn't swerve from a car unless I was 100% certain that i could recover unless the error is mine... and I do mean 100%. I have no intention of letting some idiot in the wrong lane run me off the road into a tree or a ditch and driving off like nothing happened.

However, without being in that situation, I can't really say what I'd do I suppose.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YEAH WELL I TRIED TO KEEP STRAIGHT THE BUCKET WENT UNDER THE CAR ( i think ) ALL I REMEMBER IS RED,BLACK, WHITE. THE BIG *** TRUCK, MY EYES CLOSED, THE AIR BAG. I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE YARD AND IT LOOKS LIKE I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD. GOOD THING THIS CAR IS DESIGNED TO TAKE A HIT... I GUESS THE FRONT BUMPER NOT ONLY LOOKS GOOD BUT IT SAVES LIVES.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
between oakland and sunrise

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
south

·
Registered
553 Posts
We want pics of the totaled Spec-v

Sorry about your accident I guess it is time to get an 04. Pics of the car would be sweet if possible. I don't know why but I kinda get a hard on seeing how people crashed their cars. But in hindsight glad you were all right.

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss. But the most important thing is that you and your girlfriend are ok.
I have to tell you I continue to be very impressed with the stoutness of the b15 chassis. There have been many b15s in bad wrecks and all of those people have walked away unscathed....sore, perhaps bruised, but intact and alive. Now if Nissan could have built the qr25 as stout as the chassis then.....nah....thats a whole other argument. :p

Best of luck to you. And if you do get a 04 Spec don't worry, grill mods are just around the corner...so there is hope.

·
What!!!!
74 Posts
I went by that accident on my way to miami on friday from orlando(if it was the same one) and siad to my girl damn glad it wasnt me looked like you two should have ended up in the hospital... good thing your ok sorry about the car...........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts